Popular property highlights
Located in Sugarlands Visitor Center Great Smoky, Sidney James Mountain Lodge is within a 5-minute walk of sights such as Gatlinburg Convention Center and Saint Mary's Catholic Church. This 186-room motel welcomes guests with 2 outdoor pools and conveniences like an indoor pool and free in-room WiFi. It's in central Gatlinburg and also a short walk from Arcadia and Iris Theater.
Enjoy a leisurely bite to eat at Poolside Cafe, the motel's onsite restaurant. Get a pick-me-up at the coffee shop/café. For your convenience, a cooked-to-order breakfast is served for a fee each morning from 7 AM to 10 AM.
All 186 air-conditioned rooms feature refrigerators and coffee makers. Guests can expect free WiFi and digital TV. Bathrooms have hair dryers and free toiletries.
At Sidney James Mountain Lodge, guests enjoy 2 outdoor pools, an indoor pool, and a children's pool. There's free parking and an area shuttle for a fee. The 24-hour front desk has multilingual staff ready to help secure valuables, and answer any questions about the area. Other amenities at this family-friendly motel include a spa tub, a sauna, and free WiFi in public areas.
- Close to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Free parking
- Onsite dining
Sidney James Mountain Lodge
Dining options at the motel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Sidney James Mountain Lodge features 2 outdoor swimming pools, an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Event facilities measuring 1600 square feet (149 square meters) include conference space. This family-friendly motel also offers a children's pool, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a terrace. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
- Pool sun loungers
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Spa tub
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 186
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 4
- Laundry facilities
- Picnic area
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Free WiFi
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Conference space size (meters) - 149
- Free self parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Conference space size (feet) - 1600
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
Sidney James Mountain Lodge offers 186 air-conditioned accommodations with coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. Premium digital television is provided.
Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered daily and irons/ironing boards can be requested.
- Coffee/tea maker
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Premium TV channels
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Poolside Cafe - This poolside restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. A children's menu is available.
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with an indoor pool. In addition to a seasonal outdoor pool, other recreational amenities include a spa tub, a sauna, and a children's pool.
Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ski lessons available nearby
- Ski equipment rental shops nearby
- Sledding nearby
- Snow tubing nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Ziplining nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Fishing on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10.00.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 10.00 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 35 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 6 and USD 10 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD 10.00 per pet, per night
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- James Sidney
- Sidney James
- Sidney James Mountain Lodge
- Sidney James Mountain Lodge Gatlinburg
- Sidney James Mountain Lodge Motel
- Sidney James Mountain Lodge Motel Gatlinburg
- Sidney James Mountain Gatlinburg
- Sidney James Mountain Hotel Gatlinburg
- Sidney James Mountain
- Sidney James Lodge
We should mention
The seasonal pool will be open from April to October. Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.