- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- No parking is available onsite.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Upon check-in, all guests, including children, must be present to show their passport or government-issued photo ID.
- Due to national regulations, cash transactions can't exceed EUR 2999.99 at this property. For additional details, contact the property using the contact information on your booking confirmation.
- This hotel provides transfers from the airport and train station (fees may apply). To make arrangements, contact the property with arrival details 48 hours prior to arrival, using the phone number on your booking confirmation.
Hotel Adas2.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
- Walking distance to Roman Forum and Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore
- Free breakfast
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Concierge services
Located in Municipio Roma I, Hotel Adas is a leisurely stroll from popular sights such as Roman Forum and Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. This 22-room hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like free breakfast, concierge services, and express check-in. It's in central Monti and also a short walk from Piazza Venezia and Vittorio Emanuele Monument.
Free breakfast is included with your stay and awaits you each morning from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM. Order from room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room.
All 22 air-conditioned rooms provide phones. For entertainment, guests can expect to find flat-screen TVs.
Guests of Hotel Adas enjoy free WiFi in public areas, express check-in, and express check-out. For transportation, you can make use of an airport shuttle for a fee (available on request), as well as a train station shuttle. The front desk has multilingual staff standing by 24 hours a day to assist with concierge services and luggage storage.
Guest reviews for Hotel Adas
you get what you pay for
Although this hotel was cheap and close to everything, the actual room was not good. The air conditioner didn't work and you couldn't open the windows or birds would fly in because there were no screens. The staff put us on the 6th floor even though there were other rooms available. The elevator didn't even go up all the way to the sixth floor and at night the staff would turn it off so we would have to walk about 6 flights of stairs. The maid would also just barge into the room. The room was deathly hot and unbareable to sleep in. We knew we wouldn't be staying at a nice hotel because of the cheap price but we weren't expecting something this sketchy and so unmodern.
don’t stay here:
The check-in desk is on the second floor and the breakfast room is on the sixth floor, the elevator was in-operable (and from the looks of the elevator it hasn't been operable for years#. There is a spiral staircase that has 20 steps to each floor, so 40 steps to the Check-in desk – with baggage! We were first assigned a room on the second floor #205. This was a double room, but had a set of bunk beds also. The curtains were two different lengths with one being about a half a foot shorter and they had stains on them that looked similar to tooth paste. The bed spread was dirty and stained, but the sheets were clean. There was a small desk that enclosed a refrigerator that we were told did not work, #maybe it did there was no socket anywhere nearby to plug it in# and the drawer panel on the desk unit was broken and hanging loose vertically. There was no shower nozzle and the shower door was badly cracked and had been patched with duct tape. The towels were thin and short like and infants towel. The clerk was unable to turn on the air conditioning unit so she left and came back with a remote control #only one remote control for the entire building ) but was unable to get the AC going. We were then told there was a better room on the sixth floor with a working air conditioner. We hauled our bags up 80 stairs only to find that the AC in that room was also not working. When we went back down stairs to complain, the shift had changed and the new clerk stated that he knew that the one on the sixth floor didn’t work, but the AC was fine in the room that we had just left. We went back to room 205 and the new clerk got the AC to work. No control of the temperature, but we had AC and could open the window if needed. So 80 steps back up to get our bags and 80 steps back down with baggage. The Staff at the hotel was wonderful in spite of having to work in such terrible conditions. Heed my warnings!
The room was nice, but on a major street so it was noisy. Very convenient location. The odd thing about the room was that the bed was placed so that it was difficult to get into the bathroom. Otherwise it was perfectly acceptable for not a bad price.