Thala Beach Nature Reserve is located within a 15-minute drive of Great Barrier Reef and Wildlife Habitat. This 83-room, 4.5-star resort has 2 outdoor pools along with a private beach and a restaurant. It's on the waterfront and also within a 30-minute drive of Cairns Tropical Zoo and Mossman Gorge.
Sit down for a leisurely bite to eat at the onsite restaurant, or enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. Buffet breakfast is offered for a fee each morning from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Thala Beach Nature Reserve's 83 air-conditioned rooms provide furnished balconies or patios, refrigerators, and minibars. Flat-screen TVs come with digital channels and DVD players. Bathrooms offer hair dryers, free toiletries, and slippers. Other amenities include coffee makers, ceiling fans, and safes. Limited housekeeping is available.
At Thala Beach Nature Reserve, guests have access to a private beach, 2 outdoor pools, and free WiFi in public areas. Free valet and self parking are available—or if you're not driving, take the airport shuttle at scheduled times for AUD 35.00 per person one way. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk can assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this beach resort include 2 meeting rooms, a conference center, and coffee/tea in a common area.
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free valet and self parking
- Onsite dining
- Private beach
Thala Beach Nature ReservePrivate Road. 5078 Capt Cook Highway Oak Beach QLD 4877
Step outside to unwind on the white sand beach. Cool off in one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools at Thala Beach Nature Reserve, and enjoy summer activities like kayaking.
Dining options at the resort include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include a beach bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury resort also offers a garden and a terrace. Complimentary self parking and valet parking are available on site.
Thala Beach Nature Reserve has designated areas for smoking.
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 83
- Number of floors - 1
- Meeting rooms 2
- Free valet parking
- Beach bar
- On private beach
- Conference space size (feet) - 1615
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Conference center
- Free self parking
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1998
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 150
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 83
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Free valet parking
Thala Beach Nature Reserve offers 83 air-conditioned accommodations with DVD players and minibars. Rooms open to furnished balconies or patios. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, slippers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Business-friendly amenities include desks and safes. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and ceiling fans. Housekeeping is offered on a limited basis and in-room massages can be requested.
- DVD player
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Ceiling fan
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Limited housekeeping
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- Private bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Osprey's Restaurant - Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
2 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a private beach.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Ecotours on site
- Helicopter/airplane tours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Prenatal massage
- Sports massage
- Number of treatment rooms 1
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
- Resort fee
- Pool access
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 27 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 35.00 per person (one way)
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Thala Beach
- Thala Beach Lodge
- Thala Lodge
- Thala Lodge Beach
- Thala Beach Hotel Port Douglas
- Thala Beach Resort
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve Hotel
- Thala Nature Reserve Hotel
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Thala Nature Reserve
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.