About SriLanka Airlines
SriLankan Airlines, the National Airline of Sri Lanka, is an award winning carrier with a firm reputation as a global leader in service, comfort, safety, reliability, and punctuality. Launched in 1979, SriLankan is currently expanding and further diversifying its wide range of products and services in order to drive the country’s ongoing boom in tourism and economic development.
The airline’s hub is located at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, providing convenient connections to its global route network of 64 destinations in 34 countries in Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Far East, North America, Australia and Africa.
SriLankan has mutual code-share services with Etihad Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Air Canada, Royal Jordanian, Alitalia and Mihin Lanka. Air India and Saudi Arabian Airlines, also code-share on some of SriLankan’s routes.
The SriLankan fleet contains luxurious seats that have ample pitch and width. Seating is in a two-class system of Business and Economy. Business classes on long haul aircraft are equipped with flat-bed seats. The AVOD in-flight entertainment system has the latest Audio / Video On Demand function with games etc. Complementing this facility are the wide screens with superior high resolution picture quality for infinite viewing pleasure. Also available is the air-show with forward and downward cameras; and video games in most seats.
SriLankan has consistently achieved very high marks for excellence, especially in polls of global travellers. The awards include:
- World’s Friendliest Cabin Staff - Skytrax
- First Runner-up for World’s Best Cabin Staff – Skytrax
- Best Airline in Central Asia (4 consecutive times) - Skytrax
- Best Airline in South Asia (3 consecutive times) from Travel Trade Gazette
- World’s Most Reliable Operator of Airbus A330’s (small fleet) by Airbus Industrie
- World’s Most Reliable Operator of Airbus A340’s (small fleet) by Airbus Industrie
- Best Overall In-flight Entertainment (for a fleet size of 20 or less), twice – World Airline Entertainment Association
- Best Airline Turnaround of the Year 2004 – Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation
- Galileo Indian Express Award for Best Eastbound International Airline