- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
- Urridafoss Waterfall
- 11 min drive
- Hella Golf Course
- 19 min drive
- Turf House
- 29 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-02-22. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Hestheimar is located in Selfoss. Lava Centre and Selfoss Church are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Urridafoss Waterfall and Hella Golf Course. Our guests appreciate the guest house's quiet location.
- Urridafoss Waterfall - 11 min drive
- Hella Golf Course - 19 min drive
- Lava Centre - 20 min drive
- Keldur - 24 min drive
- Turf House - 29 min drive
- Reykjavik (KEF-Keflavik Intl.) - 103 min drive
- Onsite dining venue – Restaurant offering local and international cuisine. Serves breakfast and lunch on select days. Reservations required.
About this property
Food and drink
- Liked: Cleanliness
- Disliked: Staff & service
This was certainly the low point of our journey around West and South Island. We stayed at guest houses and luxury cottages and smaller cottages. This place left a terrible impression. This place is a fair distance from both Selfoss and Hella so not convenient. As a previous reviewer commented, we entered the reception area and a young man in a small office brusquely pointed to a map indicating where our unit was and that the key was on the table inside. He asked if we wanted breakfast for a large additional fee, and when we hesitated he asked “is that a yes or no?” That was it. We also did not experience the hospitality others had. I would have preferred a polite email indicating the unit number and instructions rather than this terrible exchange. The unit was spacious but not well equipped and the mattresses were past their prime. There are so many amazing places to stay in Iceland, with pleasant and engaging hosts. Spend your money elsewhere.