Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston places you next to Design Centre of Tasmania and City Park Radio Museum. This 165-room, 4.5-star hotel welcomes guests with a restaurant, a 24-hour business center, and a conference center. It's in central Launceston and also a short walk from Albert Hall Convention Centre and Princess Theatre.
Enjoy a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, or relax with a drink at the bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. Start each morning with full breakfast, available for a fee from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
All 165 individually decorated accommodations feature sitting areas. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 32-inch flat-screen TVs with satellite channels and pay movies. Beds are dressed in premium bedding and pillow menus, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Refrigerators, minibars, and coffee makers are also standard.
Guests of Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston enjoy access to WiFi in public areas, 8 meeting rooms, and a conference center. If you drive, self parking is AUD 6.00 per night, or you can take advantage of the airport shuttle (available 24 hours) for AUD 32 per person roundtrip. Multilingual staff at the front desk are standing by 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a 24-hour business center, coffee/tea in a common area, and a computer station.
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour business center
- WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
- Spa services
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business-related amenities at this 4.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and meeting rooms.
A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. 8 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers spa services, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Guests can use the outdoor pool and health club at a partner property. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is offered to guests. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Computer station
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 165
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 6
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 8
- Year Built 1989
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 8
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( AUD 24.50 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge)
Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston offers 165 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and coffee/tea makers. These individually decorated and furnished accommodations have separate sitting areas. Beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. 32-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
This Launceston hotel provides wired and wireless high-speed Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (24 hours)
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Avenue Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 6:30 AM to 10 AM for a surcharge. Room service is available around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: AUD 100.00 per day
- Fee for full breakfast: AUD 20 for adults and AUD 10 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 24.50 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: AUD 24.50 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 32 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: AUD 25.00 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 15 years old)
- Self parking fee: AUD 6.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- An in-room safe is available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 40.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
- Launceston Grand Chancellor
- Launceston Grand Chancellor Hotel
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston Tasmania
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.