- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, are required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- No parking is available onsite.
- The credit card used at check-in for incidentals must be in the name of the primary guest who made the reservation.
- The following credit cards are accepted: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa.
- This hotel provides transfers from the airport and train station (fees may apply). To make arrangements, contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the phone number on your booking confirmation.
- Reservations need to made in advance for massage services, spa treatments, and private bath/onsen. Contact the hotel at the phone number listed on your booking confirmation.
- A charge for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner on 31 December is included in the total price shown.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed in guestrooms.
Belmond Hotel Monasterio5.0 out of 5.0
Recent guest reviews
In March 2018 we stayed for 4 nights at the Monasterio. It is perfect located to the market place and close to some nice shops. The room was luxurious. Bath room as well. Breakfast offers not only very good standard but also local products. Service was very good in general, but at the bar quite slow. If the weather is fine you may have a great breakfast in the garden. We recommend to book a room with windows to the little street, but not to the inside area. We enjoyed our stay very much!
This hotel is an old monastery. IT IS GORGEOUS! Very close to many shops and restaurants. Rooms lovely and updated. Breakfast is amazing! Inner courtyard is open to outside. Rooms (enclosed halls) wrap around the courtyard. We were all sad to leave!
What an amazing hotel with best in class service and grounds. A special thanks to Wilbert Sonoco who exemplifies an example if great service. I have stayed at many great hotels but this is truly one of the nicest hotels that is an architectural and historical wonder.
There is not enough amazing things to say about Monasterio. I must admit that the previous review from "Diamondqueen" sums up our stay perfectly! To begin, the location is perfect. Right in the heart of amazing restaurants, fantastic shopping, and the stunning town square. The doormen are so welcoming and the front desk people are fantastic. The waiters are sooo attentive also. Their attention to detail is very impressive. By day 2 they knew how we liked our coffee and our favourite breakfast items. Talking about the food. Oh My Goodness, it was wonderful. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are beautiful. I must warn you, though. Before you walk in, be prepared. If you're anything like me, unwillingly, your feet will stop you dead from the sheer beauty of the hotel. The pictures online are very pretty, but they don't justify the grandness of the stone work, the arches, the gardens, the paintings, the stone flooring, the windows, and the cutest rooms that I've ever seen. You feel that you've been transported back in time because of the architecture and art throughout the Monastery. If you close your eyes you can picture Monks walking through the gardens going about their daily activities. I want to thank the Belmond in giving us an opportunity to stay in a Monastery! It made our visit to Peru feel even more authentic, and how many times in your life will you ever have an opportunity to experience a stay in a Monastery? Very Cool!
three couples from Key West Florida traveled to Peru to mainly visit Macchu Picchu, had our last two days in this hotel. The architecture was beautiful, the dining from breakfast to lunch was wonderful along with all the staff! safe and beautiful!
Amazing hotel. When we entered the hotel, the first thing we noticed was the amazing 300 year old tree in the courtyard. They've done an amazing job of preserving the original features of this building and you will find traditional Spanish architecture throughout. Rooms are nice, great bathrooms and comfy beds. Rooms are a bit simple for the price but we had no complaints since the hotel grounds and restaurants more than make up for it. Restaurants were excellent with a great selection of food options. Service was fantastic with employees that really seem to care about providing good service.
1. The staff is constantly asking, "Is everything perfect?" It is, they really care. All the Belmond hotels I visited in Peru this month define good service. They made me fall in love with Peru. 2. The building itself deserves to be a museum and in fact, tourists are welcome to come in and look at it. The original art on the walls is alone, a treasure, and the gold covered chapel? Mmmmmm. The furnishings and gardens, fountains and courtyards are a delight. This entire hotel is a history lesson you will not soon forget. The concierge took me around and showed me some of the art and explained details that made history come alive. I will always be grateful. 3. The location is right in the heart of Cuzco and you will feel like royalty. Duck out the cafe door and you will be facing one of the original Inca walls and stonework. 4. The breakfast buffet is better than anything you have ever experienced. 5. Several nights a week is Opera Night in the stone dining hall. Artistry, beauty, stunning music, fabulous food. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking back on it. 6. My stay here will qualify as the best experiences in my 72 years of life, equalled only by the other two Belmonds -- in Lima, and at the Nazarenas, right next door in Cuzco -- and of course, at Machu Picchu. I am not a wealthy person and this hotel is very, very expensive and yet I must say, it deserves the very highest rating for value. If you are going to do only one good thing for yourself in your lifetime, this (and the Nazarenas, are it) Mortgage your house, sell your first born, whatever it takes. You will never regret it.
This hotel is a wow all round. Fantastic setting and room. Having dinner whilst being entertained by a classically trained young lady singing was a total surprise and lovely as was the meal .Also live music in the lounge.
If you can afford it, the Belmond Monasterio is a great choice. It was a monastery and preserves many of the features, including an amazing chapel in which they hold concerts and other entertaining events. Each room is unique and beautifully appointed. We loved our room and felt it was very comfortable but if you really love a modern style, this obviously ain't it. The food and service are top flight and the location is very convenient for touring Cusco.
This Hotel is heaven to stay at. The monastery really is beautiful and you will definitely enjoy your stay. It is centrally located behind the town square in the middle of the old city. Its a short walk to the museums and cathedral.
- Free buffet breakfast
- Free WiFi in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
Belmond Hotel Monasterio is adjacent to popular attractions such as Pre-Columbian Art Museum and Inca Museum. This 122-room, 5-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like a full-service spa, free in-room WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. Centrally located in Cusco, the hotel is also a short walk from Cusco Cathedral and Plaza de Armas.
Free buffet breakfast is included with your stay and awaits you each morning from 5 AM to 10:30 AM. Enjoy dining at one of 2 onsite restaurants including Illariy Restaurant, which specializes in international cuisine. Order from 24-hour room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room, quench your thirst with a drink at the bar/lounge, and chat with other guests at the free manager's reception.
The 122 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including dryers, iPod docks, and minibars. Flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels and DVD players, and guests can stay connected with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and beds sport pillow menus. Free newspapers, free bottled water, and safes are also standard.
Awarded Conde Nast Hot List status in 2017, Belmond Hotel Monasterio features a full-service spa, free WiFi in public areas, and 3 meeting rooms. For transportation, you can make use of an airport shuttle (available on request) for USD 30 per person one way, as well as a train station shuttle. Front-desk staff can answer questions 24/7, and assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a 24-hour business center, a computer station, and express check-in.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
93.0% of guests recommend this hotelTotal of 2513 reviews