Book your room at Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel
Located in Downtown Birmingham within a mile (2 km) of McWane Science Center, Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel is within 2 miles (3 km) of other popular sights such as Vulcan Statue. This 3-star hotel welcomes guests with 63 rooms and conveniences like a 24-hour fitness center, free in-room WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. In the historical district, it's also near Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame and Birmingham Museum of Art.
Start your day off right with a free continental breakfast, served each morning from 6 AM to 9:30 AM. Order from room service to satisfy your hunger without leaving your room, or make new friends over drinks at the bar/lounge.
All of Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel's 63 rooms are air-conditioned and have an array of amenities, including coffee makers, free weekday newspapers, and free local calls. Guests can expect 32-inch LCD TVs with cable channels and pay movies, along with free WiFi and wired Internet. Beds are dressed in Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow menus, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Safes, ironing boards, and desks are also standard.
Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel features a 24-hour fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and a 24-hour business center. Valet parking is available for USD 16 per day. The 24-hour front desk has staff standing by to help with dry cleaning/laundry and securing valuables. Additional amenities include coffee/tea in a common area, express check-in, and express check-out.
- Close to McWane Science Center
- Free continental breakfast
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel1023 20th Street S Birmingham AL 35205
Situated in Birmingham's lively Historic District, The Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB, Ascend Collection Hotel is steps away from the city's best restaurants and entertainment venues, such as the Highlands Bar & Grill, the Birmingham Museum of Art, Bottega, and the Veranda on Highland. The UAB campus and Medical Facilities are within 2 blocks.
Guests can work out in the 24-hour fitness center. The hotel provides a 24-hour business center, along with wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge). A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning.
Smoking is not allowed inside this hotel. Fees apply for violations.
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 63
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Wedding services
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free breakfast
- Number of floors - 8
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Year Built 1936
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking
- Air conditioning
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pay movies
- Daily housekeeping
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- LCD TV
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
H Bar - The bar serves cocktails and is open Tuesday to Saturday.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there are several dining options within the surrounding area.
Highland Bar and Grill
Jim 'N Nick's BBQ
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
A full-service spa is located near the hotel. Hotel staff can arrange in-room massage therapy with 72-hours advance notice.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 35.00 per pet, per stay
- 2 per room (up to 20 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Self parking fee: USD 16 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 16 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 35.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per stay
- Highland Ascend Collection
- Highland Downtown/UAB Ascend Collection
- Highland Hotel
- Hotel Highland
- Hotel Highland Ascend Collection Hotel
- Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB Ascend Collection Hotel
- Hotel Highland Downtown/UAB Ascend Collection Hotel Birmingham
- Highland Downtown/UAB Ascend Collection Birmingham
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).