Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa
Welcome to a whole new world of family fun at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, winner of Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards 2014 for Top Family Hotel in the U.S. Withnightly entertainment, a supervised kids club and so much more alreadyincluded in your stay, Aulani is a Whole New World indeed.
Welcome to a whole new world of family fun and relaxation. Welcome to AULANI, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina. Set on the shores of...
Aulani Dining Options
The finest local ingredients and the master chefs at Aulani create a fusion of flavors from around the world. There is a variety of dining options and something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for an intimate beachfront sit-down dinner, a casual buffet of fresh flavors, a fast mid-afternoon snack, or a cozy breakfast in your room, you will find the perfect meal for you and your family. Each restaurant offers something different and unique, from a quick and delicious house made salad or wrap, to a modern and elegant interpretation of classic Hawaiian cuisine.
Signaled by the rising of the constellation Makali'i in the night sky, Makahiki is the annual Hawaiian harvest festival, marked each year by the ancients—and more recently revived on O'ahu as a season of celebration and bounty. Makahiki is really a New Year's Festival—a "season of peace" spanning four lunar phases from late October-early November to late February-early March—a time when offerings are made ... work ceases ... and peace prevails.
A good deal of indirect, reflective lighting heightens the dramatic impact of the restaurant's abundant art. And as day turns to night, the lighting will morph from a warm rose-amber glow to sophisticated nighttime indigo hues that are punctuated by the vibrantly colored glass objects suspended overhead.
Join favorite Disney friends for a "Breakfast with Character." Family-friendly favorites include sliced island fruits, house-baked pastries, carving station, traditional Asian offerings, and daily specialties.
Disney Character Breakfast is offered 7 days a week.
Our casual dinner buffet offers fresh local products and chef-inspired dishes with world flavors—line-caught sustainable seafood, fresh salads with local greens, rotating carving station, Asian inspired entrees, and delectable house-made desserts.
The story of the Makahiki Festival comes to life inside the buffet restaurant in a series of elegantly composed, jewel-toned murals, which depict scenes of feasting, games and celebration. The oceans swell with abundance, nurturing rains pour forth, and bountiful harvests are shared.
Overhead, an extravagant art glass installation, appearing almost as a netting above our heads, conveys the bounty of the Makahiki feast in joyously abstracted forms—fishes and fruits ... flora and fauna ... a shimmering, bounteous, upside-down buffet laid out on a free-form Makaloa mat.
'Olelo is the Hawaiian word for "word," making the 'Olelo Room a place where the conversation among Aulani guests is often about how to become more "conversive" in Hawaiian—or have fun trying. Borrowing its design cues from the "streamline moderne" aesthetic of the 1940's—a style that is still readily seen in roadside diners throughout the islands—the 'Olelo Room is a pub-like, convivial place where refreshing cocktails and Hawaiian words form an intoxicating brew.
Our daily cocktail service includes beverages with a Hawaiian spirit, such as:
Classic cocktails with a twist
Mojitos and margaritas
Flights of Hawai‘i brewed beer or new-world wines
Freshly made tropical lemonade and iced tea
Be sure to ask for the ‘Ike Mua, the discovery drink of the day. Bartenders speak fluent Hawaiian and are on hand to help with pronunciation and usage. Spend some time in the lounge and soon you’ll impress your friends and family members with your impeccable pronunciation of humuhumunukunukuapua‘a. Or perhaps not—but it’s fun trying!
A series of engaging shadow boxes hang from above the bar, displaying wooden carvings of common, everyday objects labeled with their Hawaiian language names.
Best of all, bartenders are on hand to provide proper pronunciations to guests ... so that one day, they might perhaps impress friends and family members with their faultless pronunciation of humuhumunukunuku apua'a.
While evidence of fishing settlements along the leeward Wai'anae coast date back as far as the twelfth century, Aunty's elders built the family's first beachside house—or hale—on this site back in the 1890's. Fishing has remained a prosperous activity for the family ever since and, over the successive decades, additional structures have been added to accommodate a growing, multi-generational, extended family. A second hale dates from the late 1920's ... two more were added mid-century ... and a far more contemporary hale was constructed quite recently. Each hale bears the unique architectural markings of its particular era. Collectively, these structures reveal the rich patina of one single Hawaiian family, residing on this site for more than a century, still honoring the land and gathering sustenance from the sea.
From sunrise to sunset, our chefs use fresh local ingredients and island flavors to create distinctive dishes. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Offering traditional and Hawaiian-inspired breakfast specialties including omelets, waffles, pancakes, grains and freshly-made bakery items. Lunch includes hot and cold sandwiches, soup, salads, and pasta. Dinner features seasonal and sustainable seafood, steak, duck, pasta, and vegetarian selections. All desserts are house made daily!
A juxtaposition of old and new, these various hale make up the beachside bar and restaurant at Aulani. The dining rooms are outfitted with minimalist tables and chairs, and the restaurant's chic entryway mimics the design of an ancient, elemental fish trap still employed by local fishermen. The restaurant's design focal point is a fountain created from an old, rough-hewn concrete fish cleaning tank with a weathered brass pipe that once pumped seawater, set off by a sleek reflecting pool.
Closely attuned to the seasons ... and possessing a keen knowledge of the best local fishing spots—along with a fair dose of Mana Kapua, the supernatural power possessed by the finest Hawaiian fishermen— a fisherman could supply his family and his ali'i with fish and shellfish from the nearby fishponds and streams ... from sparkling shallow reefs and deep blue ocean waters. That is, if he had the right tools. A Hawaiian fisherman's arsenal is one that includes hooks and lines, lures, nets, basket traps, spears and perhaps a few poisonous plants.
The beachside lounge at Aulani resembles a Hawaiian fisherman's seaside shack. It is decorated with a rich variety of makau, or fishhooks, along with other essential fishing implements employed through the ages. Cowry shell lures that are so prized they're passed on to heirs ... shark tooth knives, with their gleaming white jagged-edged "blades" ... and specially carved fish-shaped ku'ulo stones, which range up to a foot in length and are used to draw fish to them as soon as they're placed underwater. There's even a colorful school of fish populating the ceiling above the bar.
This location is a convivial place where countless rambling fish stories—about the one that got away—are sure to be told. Perhaps you'll even overhear one of the locals tell the story of the great fish hook, Manai-a-ka-lani, used by the demigod Maui and his brothers when they attempted to "tow" Kauai over to O'ahu and attach it to nearby Ka'ena Point.
Open daily serving vacation favorites?Mai Tai, Piña Colada, Blue Hawai'i, and Long Island Iced Tea as well as signature cocktails, margaritas, sangria, sparkling cocktails, wine, and Hawaiian beers. Be sure to ask about the 'IKE MUA – our discovery drink of the day! An Hawaiian-inspired food menu is also available.
- Private Dining: Private Dining will be available from 6am-midnight when the resort opens, and will be expanded to a 24 hour operation when Phase 3 opens.Serving Hawaiian-inspired specialties for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night.
- The Lava Shack (Located across from Rainbow Reef snorkel lagoon): Following in the Hawaiian tradition of the plated lunch, choose from complete meals featuring entrees like Cold Fried Chicken, Cured Meats and Cheese, and Chilled Miso-glazed Salmon, as well as grab and go snacks. Open daily. This location also features a refillable mug station.
- Ulu Cafe:Overlooking the Ka Maka Grotto family pool and Keiki Cove, Ulu Cafe serves up daily hot plate items for breakfast, lunch or dinner along with grab-and-go selections and a refillable mug station for hot and cold beverages.
- Wailana Pool Bar: Located adjacent to the adult-exclusive Wailana Pool, grab a cold beverage or Hawai‘i-inspired appetizer and grab a chair to relax under the tropical sun.
- Mama’s Snack Stop: Mama’s Snack Stop serves up poolside snacks like mouthwatering hot dogs, chicken tenders and more. Enjoy your choice of bread, sauce and meat—including all-beef hot dogs, local red dogs, Portuguese sausage dogs and Buffalo-ranch fried chicken tender dogs. Located next to Pāpālua Shave Ice in Waikolohe Valley, this is a convenient place to enjoy a quick bite to eat.
- Little ‘Opihi’s: Satisfy your appetite with grab-and-go selections at Little ‘Opihi’s, located on the beach beside Makiki Joe’s. Menu options include wraps, rolls, soft pretzels, Mickey ice cream bars and fresh fruit.
- Papalua Shave Ice (Located on the pool deck) Cool off on the pool deck with fruity and refreshing shave ice.
- Yogurt Bar (Located at the spa): Open daily serving tart yogurt with fresh fruit and dry toppings
Amenities at Aulani
Walt Disney Imagineers have worked with local experts to create special entertainment for guests to enjoy and learn about the culture of Hawai’i. Waikolohe Valley is the beautiful pool area where private cabanas, crystalline waters, winding streams, a snorkel lagoon and interactive play features, provide fun for everyone. There are plenty of complimentary amenities, which showcase the rich culture and natural beauty of Hawai’i. Aulani also features a wide variety of excursions such as culinary programs, surfing, and horseback riding through lush valleys, to name a few!
- Disney PhotoPass: Experience all that the resort has to offer and make sure to capture these magical memories with a Disney PhotoPass photographer. Then simply login and view all your vacation images on the TV in your guest room!
- Disney Characters: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip ‘n Dale and other favorites are here to vacation with you! Meet Disney Characters at Aunty’s Breakfast Celebration at the Makahiki, a festive pool party and other special locations..
- Supervised child care/activities (complimentary)
- Bell Services
- Business Center
- Concierge Desk
- Excursion Tour Desk
- Ice Machines
- Wireless High-Speed Internet
- Advanced notice required for airport shuttle
- Area shuttle (surgcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Conference space
- Express check-in
- Hair salon
- Gift shows or newsstand
- Luggage storage
- Picnic area
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Inspired by the traditional, family-owned, one-of-a-kind general stores that have served island locals for generations, Kalepa's Store offers a rich plethora of "upscale necessities" to Aulani's guests.
Kalepa is the Hawaiian word for "merchant" or "peddler"—or more literally, "to strike flag," because in traditional times, salesmen hoisted a small flag to show that they were selling poi or some other item. However, in the story of Aulani, Kalepa is also the name of Aunty's father-in- law who first opened a general store on this site long before the resort was built.
While the original store had been constructed using the standard, rather basic fittings and fixtures found in a typical general store, the latest incarnation at Aulani features refined reinterpretations of classic general store designs, which still manage to convey the essence of the originals, but with a decidedly contemporary flair. Black and white photographs depicting modern-day general stores and their multi-ethnic proprietors pay homage to a general store tradition that continues to thrive on all of the Hawaiian Islands today. A remarkably unique "Shave Ice" lighting fixture adds a playful, colorful touch.
- Native Hawaiian Gifts
- Aulani Logo Product and Souvenirs
- Grocery and Sundry Essentials
- Photo Viewing and Selection
- Drink refill station
The Lava Shack
- Grab & Go Food and Snacks
- Beverage Coolers
- Pool and Beach Necessities
Spa Retail Location
- Treatment Products
- Beauty Products
- Wellness Books
- Yoga Wear and Robes
- Yogurt Bar
The Spa at Aulani
This spacious indoor-outdoor spa is designed to relax and revitalize your body and mind. Laniwai has over 150 spa treatments including facials, skin care, massages and private suites. The outdoor hydrotherapy garden has vitality pools, co-ed mineral baths, 6 different “rain” showers, whirlpool jet spas and more. An attendant at the Pulu Bar will create custom body polish by mixing your desired aromas, herbs and essential oils. The peaceful gardens, wide array of body care treatments, and unique “rain water” therapies make this spa especially rejuvenating and magical.
Laniwai, A Disney Spa
An oasis in paradise. Featuring over 100 relaxing therapies and O‘ahu’s only outdoor hydrotherapy garden, Laniwai Spa immerses your senses in the beauty and serenity of the islands. Serene spaces are plentiful here—whether you come alone, as a couple or with the whole family.Spa Size:18,000 sq feet (1672 sq meters)
- Fitness Center size:Approx. 2,000 Sq feet (186 sq meters) - part of the 18,000 sq feet (1672 sq meters). Open 24 hours a day for Aulani Guests ages 14 and up.
- Kula Wai: the only outdoor hydrotherapy garden on O‘ahu
- ‘Ānuenue Lounge: co-ed relaxation lounge
- Pulu Bar: body polish mixology station
- Types of Treatments: Massages, Body wraps, Facials, Hawaiian massage, Traditional Thai, reflexology, family treatment, couples treatment.
- Number of Salon Stations: 10 including manicure, pedicure, hair styling, waxing, and make-up. Kid's treatment for guests 12 and younger, teen spa.
- Men's and Women's Locker rooms: Sauna and steam. Also, a separate dedicated space for a coed relaxation area
- Outdoor treatments and Hydrotherapy circuit. Hydrotherapy experience includes vitality pools, scrub bars, Hinoki Tubs, cold plunge and experience showers.
- Heath & Wellness classes: Including Yoga, Tai Chi, beach workouts, aquatic exercise, personal and group fitness training, sport-specific trainer workouts (fees may apply).
- Waikolohe Stream: 900 feet water way through the beautiful landscape of Hawai'i. Glide along in relaxation, or climb into a tube atop Pu‘u Kilo for waterslide adventures. One path twists through misty caverns and fantastic formations of lava rock, while the other glides gently through the beautiful landscape of Hawai‘i. There’s more to this volcanic outcropping than first meets the eye—look closer and you’ll see hidden faces in the rock!
- Waikolohe Pool: Zero entry feature pool with body slide
- Wailana Pool: Tension edge leisure pool
- Ka Maka Grotto/Keiki Cove
- Menehune Bridge: 2,200 square foot interactive water play area. Little ones romp, stomp, splish and splash in this magical, interactive play area designed especially to engage and entertain our youngest Guests! Along the Menehune Bridge, kids discover the Menehune, the legendary “little people” responsible for mysterious happenings on the islands. The bridge features 2 slides, a climbing play structure and more!
- Rainbow Reef: 3,800 square foot snorkel lagoon. See Hawaiian sea life up close at Rainbow Reef, the only private snorkeling lagoon on O‘ahu! Snorkel amongst hundreds of tropical fish found around Hawai‘i, including angel fish, butterfly fish and tangs. Of course, you can also stay dry and view the colorful marine life and snorkelers through a glass window.
- Whirlpool Spas
Entertainment and Activities
The fun begins with Character Greetings and pool parties throughout the day and continues after the sun sets into the Pacific with complimentary entertainment that¹s full of delight and wonder. From the hula and songs of the signature show, Starlit Hui, to ŒOhana Movie Nights and fireside storytelling‹it's world-class entertainment for the whole family.
- Starlit Hui: The highlight of any evening at Aulani is the signature nighttime show, Starlit Hui. Featuring Disney storytelling, hula songs and performers, the show (included in your stay) surrounds you with the spirit of the islands as it entertains your whole family. For even more fun, come early and make your own handmade Hawaiian crafts before each evening’s performance. And whatever you do, do not miss the legendary—absolutely unforgettable—Battle of the ‘Ukelele. Check the Daily ‘Iwa for the show schedule.
- Menehune Adventure Trail: Experience the hidden carvings as the legend of the Menehune will engage Guests in an interactive adventure throughout the Resort.
- Fireside Mo‘olelo: Gather round a firepit for a night of enchanting tales told by a master storyteller. Puppetry, props and magical effects add to the fun.
- ‘Ohana Disney Movie Nights: Take a seat on the lawn and watch classic and contemporary family-friendly Disney movies shown outside under the stars. For extra amusement, come early and enjoy pre-movie games, activities and trivia competitions.
- Excursions: A friendly Guide takes you and your family to enjoy the excitement of O‘ahu on carefree excursions—each filled with hand-picked experiences and one-of-a-kind storytelling. There are even local experts on hand to share unique insights and personal expertise. Aulani excursions include transportation to and from your experience plus handy amenities such as bottled water, a towel and the like—so you can relax and experience island favorites while we handle the little details. Available excursions include:
Catamaran Experience includes whale watching (seasonal), dolphin spotting, guided snorkeling and musical entertainment
Kualoa Ranch Experience: private beach and horseback riding
Mānoa Valley Rainforest and Bamboo Forest Hike
Waimea Falls – North Shore Experience
Please visit the Holoholo Tours & Travel Desk located in the lobby for more information or to book your excursion. (Fees apply.)
- Māka‘ika‘i, The Art and Culture of Aulani: Aulani features one of the largest collections of contemporary Hawaiian art in the country. Explore the art of Aulani on this complimentary, in-depth walking tour. Adult-only tours are available.
- Māka‘ika‘i, The Nature and Wildlife of Aulani: Learn about the landscaping, nature and beauty of Aulani—and see what inspired the Walt Disney Imagineers who designed this Resort. This in-depth walking tour is complimentary for Aulani Guests.
- ‘Imi Loa Nā Hōkū – Explore the Stars: Enjoy an in-depth look at the stars. Learn how the ancient Hawaiians navigated through the Pacific using the stars to guide them to Hawai‘i. Reservations are required and fees apply.
- Artisan’s Corner: Local artists teach traditional crafts such as kapa, lauhala bracelet weaving and lei making. Reservations are required and fees apply.
- Aunty's Beach House: 5,200 square foot Disney-themed activity center where kids can play games, create, explore and much more. Welcoming Guests 3–12 years old, this interactive kids club allows children to explore Hawaiian culture, art and music through complimentary activities, all under the careful supervision of Disney Youth Counselors:
Over 5,000 square feet of interior space
Secure check-in/checkout process
Complimentary programs and activities to engage children
Highly interactive Premium Experiences featuring enhanced storytelling, special souvenirs and more
Movie room showing Disney favorites
Wii and Sony PlayStation® video games
Interactive game tables
Hawaiian arts and crafts
Play dress-up with fun finds from the costume closet
Enclosed and secure backyard, complete with play structure
Visits from some favorite Disney friends
Cozy rain windows in the movie room
Magical portals depicting spectacular scenes from around Hawai‘i.
The Premium Experiences below are interactive activities that are specially designed to reflect the spectacular setting of O‘ahu—and include immersive enchantment, food, souvenirs and so much more!
Fish Are Friends
Young Guests love this inside look at how the animal specialists train, feed and care for the marine life at Aulani. During this up-close encounter with colorful Hawaiian fish, kids get to prepare fish food and then feed it to them! This 3-hour Premium Experience includes lunch, fish food, a DVD of Disneynature Oceans and a “Fish Are Friends” logo cinch bag. Reservations are required and fees apply.
Surf ’s Up with Chip ‘n Dale
Chip ‘n Dale are excited to share everything they love about surfing and the beach! During this surf-themed party, Guests ages 3 to 12 can decorate their own wooden mini-surfboard, dine with new friends and dance with Chip ‘n Dale. This 3-hour Premium Experience includes a themed dinner, special cinch bag and decorated mini-surfboard. Reservations are required and fees apply.