Chicago hotels Guide
Nicknamed the Second City, in reality, Chicago is second to none. Known as much for its blues — and blues brothers — as it is for its famous gangsters and deep-dish pizza, Chicago is also a mecca of art, theater, dining, and other culture.
Chicago hotels offer visitors a bit of everything. Accommodations run the gamut from bargain hotels to luxury hotels in Chicago's downtown. Guests spend the day taking in the city's many sights and tours and head to a ballgame at historic Wrigley Field, one of the best in the U.S., or they enjoy one of the many world-class museums and take in some of the first-rate theater in the evening, topping it off with a nightcap and a view of the town at the Hancock tower's Signature Lounge. Navy Pier is a great place for families to keep busy between getting some rest at one of the top Chicago hotels.
Chicago Quick Picks and Tips
Chicago has several locations that attract trade shows from around the country. The Merchandise Mart is one of the more popular venues and is the yearly host of the National Prom Market, the USA's largest business-services trade event.
Food in Chicago: plentiful, diverse, and tasty of, course. Chicago is known for its Italian and Polish food. Lou Malnati's, which has several Chicago locations, is famous for its Chicago-style deep-dish pizza.
Major Point of Interest
Chicago visitors won't want to miss the Art Institute of Chicago and its impressive collection of Asian, modern and American art and much, much more.
Any shopper booking a room in one of the many Chicago hotels shouldn't forget the Magnificent Mile. This section of Michigan Avenue is filled with history, shopping opportunities, and other entertainment to make your trip more than worthwhile.
Chicago has two major-league baseball teams, the Cubs and White Sox, and given the fierce loyalty of each team's fans, it's a good thing their respective parks are located so far apart. NFL fans have the Chicago Bears, while hockey fans root for the Blackhawks, and basketball fans cheer for the Bulls.
Chicago is divided into over 70 different neighborhoods, each with its own distinct feel and flavor. The Downtown Loop, or city center, is the commercial and financial district, and many of the city's cultural institutions are located here as well, including the Magnificent Mile, a shopper's paradise, and Grant Park, where guests can choose to stay at the luxury Talbott Hotel. Travelers seeking one of the less expensive Chicago hotels opt for the Days Inn on the North Side, located right in the middle of the most dense population center of the city and near Lincoln Park.
The South Side is Chicago's largest area and includes many parks and public beaches. Also located here are Jackson Park, site of the 1893 Columbian Exposition, the Museum of Science and Industry (the last remaining building from the Exposition), and U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox. The West Side is known for its ethnic enclaves and is home to the NBA's Chicago Bulls and the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks. Overall, visitors should try to find Chicago hotels they can use for a base of operations because this vast city and all its sites can't be explored in one day — or even a week.
Chicago Neighborhood Highlights
- Designer stores (Hermes, Prada) and luxury boutiques on Oak Street
- Rush and Division St. nightlife; fine dining at Carmine's, Gibson's Steakhouse
- Walkable to Oak Street Beach and the Mag Mile; easy access to Lake Shore Drive
- Locals Know: Weekends lure cougars and daddies to the "Viagra Triangle."
- Windy City landmarks: Willis Tower, Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, "The Bean"
- State Street shopping, Chicago Theatre, Orchestra Hall and the Art Institute
- Easy access to taxis, buses, Metra and the L
- Locals Know: During summer, take a water taxi along the Chicago River.
- Major retailers, Hancock and Wrigley buildings, Tribune Tower
- Pedestrian-friendly streets; easy access to the L and Lake Shore Drive
- Gut-busting eateries from Lawry's prime rib to Billy Goat Tavern "cheeseborgers"
- Locals Know: Hit the Signature Room in the Hancock for drinks with a view.
- World-class exhibits at the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium
- Stroll through Grant Park; Soldier Field, McCormick Place, Northerly Island
- Easy access to taxis, CTA buses and Lake Shore Drive
- Locals Know: Gasp over the sparkling skyline views from the planetarium.
- Convenient to the Allstate Arena, Rosemont Theatre and western suburbs
- Minutes from the convention center in Rosemont
- 45-minute train ride from downtown via the CTA blue line
- Locals Know: Check out the huge Brachiosaurus dinosaur in Terminal 1.
- Popular and trendy dining: Ed Debevic's, Lou Malnati's, Quartino, Topolobampo
- Late-night clubs near Hubbard St, Blue Chicago and Redhead Piano Bar
- Walkable to the Loop and Mag Mile; easy access to the L and 90/94 expressways
- Locals Know: Load up on glam goods and antiques near the Merchandise Mart.
Explore more Chicago hotels by:
Places of Interest
Travel to Chicago
Recently Rated Chicago Hotels
Omni Chicago Hotel
4.3 / 5196 reviews
The Talbott Hotel
4.6 / 51196 reviews
Congress Plaza Hotel at Grant Park
3.3 / 51117 reviews
Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
4.0 / 5215 reviews
4.4 / 5127 reviews
|Clarion Hotel Midway Airport||
3.1 / 536 reviews
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.2 / 5407 reviews
The Palmer House Hilton
4.1 / 5678 reviews
4.5 / 540 reviews
Monaco Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel
4.4 / 5118 reviews
- Schiller Park hotels (13.3 mi)
- Rosemont hotels (15.1 mi)
- Schaumburg hotels (23.7 mi)
- Champaign hotels (127.3 mi)
- Bloomington-Normal hotels (121.1 mi)
- Gurnee hotels (36.9 mi)
- Itasca hotels (21.2 mi)
- Naperville hotels (28 mi)
- Burbank hotels (12.8 mi)
- Lisle hotels (25 mi)
- Hoffman Estates hotels (28.8 mi)
- Peoria hotels (130.2 mi)
- Oakbrook Terrace hotels (18.2 mi)
- Evanston hotels (11 mi)
- Warrenville hotels (29.3 mi)
- Prospect Heights hotels (21.1 mi)
- Mount Prospect hotels (19.9 mi)
- Skokie hotels (11.4 mi)
- Glenview hotels (16 mi)
- Springfield hotels (180.4 mi)
Featured Chicago Hotels
Independently-owned and with a dedication to green practices, The Talbott Hotel has been a fixture in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood since 1927. The hotel mingles old-world sophistication with... More
The Perfect Overnight
Step into the lobby of Palmer House® A Hilton hotel and gaze at the famous frescoed ceiling of this landmark Chicago, Illinois hotel. This AAA four-diamond rated hotel has been hosting visitors to... More
520 South Michigan Ave Map
Save 10% on your stay
With its neon-red sign standing out against the Chicago skyline, its vaulted Italianate ceilings, and glimmering 'Gold Room' banquet hall, the Congress Plaza Hotel makes an imposing first... More
A great place to stay
Godfrey means peace and welcome; welcome to The Godfrey Hotel Chicago. The Godfrey Hotel Chicago offers unforgettable style from the Cubist-influenced facade to the chic accommodations, each... More
A beautifully modern hotel
Menin Hospitality operates several luxury boutique hotels in Miami and a single hotel in Chicago, the Raffaello Hotel. This cozy boutique hotel is situated right on Michigan Avenue, very close to... More
10 South Wabash Avenue, Map
Save 15% with advance purchase
Landmark in the Loop near attractions and shoppingIt's only fitting that this historic hotel is just a few blocks from Jewelers Row given its name and former purpose. In the 1890s, its tenants... More
Contemporary style, European charm in ChicagoIn the Roaring '20s, this boutique Streeterville hotel hosted celebrities and showgirls. While those times have faded, the air of glamour remains at the... More
A green hotel in the Windy CityA hotel that offers luxury yet cares for the environment? That's Hotel Felix. Located downtown, the Hotel Felix Chicago offers guests a variety of excellently priced... More
Occupying the first six floors of Dearborn Plaza, the newly revamped Amalfi Hotel changed its name to the Kinzie Hotel Chicago in February 2014, as a tribute to John Kinzie, one of the city's... More
Great weekend stay
This boutique property offers a residential-style retreat that soars above Chicago's Magnificent Mile. Each floor is home to no more than 11 spacious guest rooms and suites, and your evenings would... More
Great location and service!
Modern retreat for healthy living in downtown ChicagoThe dana hotel and spa in Chicago's River North neighborhood balances the beauty of natural elements with the latest technology to create a... More
151 East Wacker Dr Map
Free High-Speed Internet, Free Valet Parking
Experience the mid-city excitement of Chicago with a stay at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, a pillar of The Windy City's urban landscape. Expansive open-plan areas are flanked by sloping staircases and... More
I had a great stay
Original boutique hotel in the heart of the Gold CoastThe Thompson Chicago offers top tier facilities with understated elegance to leisure and business travelers alike. This four diamond property... More
Roaring 1920s meets the rockin' presentTowering 40 floors above the Magnificent Mile, the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago was an institution long before celebrity guests like Dave Navarro passed through... More
Decent hotel, great location
66 West Illinois Street Map
Save 15% on your stay
Hyatt Place Chicago River North with 212 contemporary suites is located just north of the Loop in the city's most spectacular neighborhood to shop, dine, play and stay. In terms of Chicago River... More