Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Mayahttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Mexico/Riviera_Maya/Banyan_Tree_Mayakoba_Riviera_Maya.h295913/
We had a perfect 5 days at the Banyon Tree Mayacoba. The villas are private and luxurious, with...
See full review
- Flato traveller
- Oct 4, 2014
Booked a spa pool villa and could not have been more pleased with the privacy, cleanliness, and...
See full review
- Jimmy Supafly Snooka
- Sep 3, 2014
Private pool villas highlight resort’s Caribbean luxury and romanceThe Banyan Tree Mayakoba is located in a secluded, gated community and features private pool villas for every guest. For romance and relaxation on the Caribbean and in Mexico, the Banyan Tree's luxurious and intimate surroundings are unparalleled. The resort is carefully situated on an ecosystem of dunes, mangroves and freshwater lagoons. The Banyan Tree Mayakoba boasts first-class golfing and mangrove boat tours. There are eight restaurants, including Ixchel, a floating lagoon boat restaurant. Also try the 24 hour in-villa dining.
- Private villas with pool
- Kids club, babysitters (fees apply), high chairs and baby monitors
- A floating lagoon boat restaurant and 24 hour in-villa dining
Expect stunning private villas with living area, swimming pool and lush greenery surroundings at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba. In suites, handcrafted Mayan furnishings combine with dark wood and Asian accents and glass window walls. Amenities include 42-inch flat-screen LCD TVs, iPod dockets, mini-stereo systems, walk-in closets, mini-bars and complimentary wireless Internet. Depending on the villa choice, enjoy outdoor heated jet pools or sunken baths, massage beds, pillow menus, loungers and steam rooms. The three-bedroom townhouse (2,755 square feet) and beachfront villa (5,511 square feet) is ideal for families or guests traveling with friends.
Guests have the opportunity to play a round (or a few!) at the PGA course, El Camaleón Golf Club. The course is the first Mexican golf course designed by Greg Norman. The resort's Rainforest spa provides a more laid-back vacation experience. Take in unique experiences such as the hydrothermal circuit, the Rain Walk or the Vitality Pool. The spa is for adults only. For children under 12, Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers a kids club that includes eco tours, video games, movies, board games and beach activities. Also available are baby cots, babysitters, buggies, radio monitors and high chairs.
- Cancun International Airport (40 minutes)
- Playa del Carmen (6 mi/9.9 km)
- Tulum pyramids (42 mi/69 km)
- Cancun (42 mi/69 km)
- A 3,310-square-foot banquet hall can seat up to 200 people
- Meeting rooms with the latest equipment and Wi-Fi and broadband Internet are available for 16 to 200 people
- Business center, secretarial support and event planners available
Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya Rooms
- Garden Pool Villa
- Suitable for up to two guests, each of the forty-five naturally ventilated villas reflects the unique Mayan culture of Mayakoba. Living and dining areas, spacious bathroom and private landscaped garden. You can take in the sun from the comfort of your own outdoor bathtub or in your 35.5sq.m./380sq.ft. Private swimming pool or on a lounger on the outdoor terrace. No. of Villas: 45 villas, Floors: 1 floor, Floor Size: Total plot area:293sq.m./3,153.8sq.ft Services / Amenities: Swimming pool/Outdoor bathtub/King size bed/A/C/safety deposit box/hairdryer /LCD TV with on-command movies/Bathrobes/Pillow menu/slippers/Bathroom & pool/Kimono/Duvet/Sound equipment
- Two Bedroom Sunset Lagoon Villa 5511 Sq.Ft
- Covering a spacious floor area of 512 sqm (5,511 sq.ft)., each of our Two-Bedroom Villas are a haven of privacy and indulgence. This villa caters for up to four guests in a variety of settings, and redefines tranquil living with its extensive furnishings and verdant gardens. Each bedroom is served by a separate entrance, while still accessible to the landscaped garden and pool area. Two-Bedroom Sunset Lagoon Pool Villa is ideal for beach lovers as it offers close proximity to the beach.
- Courtyard Pool Villa 3466 Sq.Ft
- Along with its charming dcor, your Courtyard Pool Villa offers even more room in which to relax and recuperate from your busy lifestyle. Each of the villas is equipped with separate living pavilions, for use by up to two guests. With your own 41 sqm swimming pool and an adjacent outdoor jet-pool, you will have the option of spending languid afternoons soaking your cares away.
- Two Bedroom Sunrise Lagoon Pool Villa
- Covering a spacious floor area of 512 sqm (5,511 sq.ft)., each of our Two-Bedroom Villas are a haven of privacy and indulgence. This villa caters for up to four guests in a variety of settings, and redefines tranquil living with its extensive furnishings and verdant gardens. Each bedroom is served by a separate entrance, while still accessible to the landscaped garden and pool area. Two-Bedroom Sunrise Lagoon Pool Villa opens out on a calm lagoon, with convenient access to the main lobby and Saffron restaurant
- Two Bedroom Pool Villa 5511 Sq.Ft
- Covering a living area of 512sq.m./5,511sq.ft. Villas are the ultimate in exclusive indulgence. This villa can house up to four guests and is designed as a private sanctuary, with its exquisite furnishings and verdant gardens. Dive into your own 51sq.m./549sq.ft. azure pool or enjoy the golden glow of the sunset as you and your loved ones unwind with a soothing massage. For the perfect romantic dinner, delight in a private evening under the canopy of twinkling stars. No. of Villas: 5 Villas, Floors: 2 Floors Size: Total plot area:512sq.m./5,511sq.ft./Covered area:187sq.m./2,013sq.ft./Open area: 197sq.m./2,120.4sq.ft. Services / Amenities: Two Bedrooms/Swimming pool/Outdoor bathtub/Jacuzzi/One King size bed/Two double size beds/A/C/safety deposit box/hairdryer/LCD TV with on-command movies, one in each bedroom and one in the AC pavilion/Bathrobes/Pillow menu/ slippers: bathroom & pool/ Kimono/Duvets/Sound equipment.
- Spa Pool Villa 3466 Sq.Ft
- Split over two levels, totaling some 322sq.m./3,466sq.ft. Villas are designed to create the perfect romantic hideaway. Enjoy a sensuous spa treatment at your personal outdoor massage area and let our trained masseurs work their magic. An exclusive outdoor private area equipped with the massage beds, loungers and a dining area with birds-eye view of the idyllic surroundings of Mayakoba. No. of Villas: 8 Villas Floors:2 Floors Size: Total plot area: 322sq.m./3,466sq.ft./Covered area: 105sq.m./1,130.2sq.ft./ Open area: 170sq.m./1,830sq.ft. Services / Amenities: Swimming pool/Outdoor bathtub/Spa Treatment Bed (2)/Jacuzzi/King size bed/ A/C/safety deposit box/hairdryer/LCD TV with on-command movies, one in the bedroom and one in the AC pavilion/Bathrobes/ Pillow menu/slippers: bathroom & pool/Kimono/ Duvet/Sound equipment
- Three Bedroom Townhouse 2755 Sq.Ft
- Designed for families, friends and groups, the three-storey, three-bedroom townhouses provides a living area with balcony overlooking the golf course. With 256 m2 sqm (2,755.5 sq.ft. ) to roam, you can simply find the space to enjoy your favourite leisure.
- Three Bedroom Beachfront Villa 5511 Sq.Ft
- The luxurious Beach Front Three Bedroom Pool Villas are ideal for families. With separate bedrooms with living rooms, it is the perfect setting for intimate gathering whilst ensuring privacy and tranquility for all. Enjoy the private swimming pool or the magnificent courtyard. This villa can house up to 6 guests. No. of Villas: 7 Villas Floors: 2 Floors Size: Total plot area: 512sq.m./5,511sq.ft./Covered area: 239sq.m./2572.5sq.ft./ Open area:200sq.m./2152.7sq.ft. Services / Amenities: Three Bedrooms/Swimming pool/Outdoor bathtub/Jacuzzi/Two Bedrooms with King size bed/One bedroom with two double beds/A/C/safety deposit box/ hairdryer/LCD TV with on-command movies, one in each bedroom and one in the AC pavilion/Bathrobes/Pillow menu/slippers: bathroom & pool/Kimono/Duvets/ Sound equipment
- Free parking
- Outdoor pool
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center or spa
- Fitness Center
- 24 hour room service
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Childcare Service
- In-Room Safe
- Tour desk
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Barber/Beauty shop
- Conference facilities
- Doctor on call
- Gift shop
- Currency exchange
- Free parking
- Meeting Info
- *Meeting Space: Theme Meetings, Theme Breaks, Wedding and Cocktail Functions available THE MAYAPAN Ballroom for 200 people, Size: 66.60 x 49.70 feet (Area: 3,310.44 sq. ft.) THE SAYIL room for 60 people, Size: 52.65 x 25.75 feet (Area: 1,356.14 sq. ft.) THE LABNA AND AND KABAH, each of them for 20 people, - Labna Room, Size: 24.11 x 19.52 feet (Area: 470.70 sq. ft.) - Kabah Room, Size: 24.93 x 19.52 feet (Area: 486.74 sq. ft.)
- In Villa Dining BBQ
- We do not provide just dinner, but a delightful moment in the privacy of your villa with your personal server perfectly cooking with the right flavors. During our visit we focus to please you by fulfilling your requests with the best ambiance and service. Mexican BBQ, Thai BBQ and Mediterranean BBQ
- La Cava
- Our air-conditioned private dining wine cellar is available for parties of up to 12 guests. Please contact us for your special dinner event. Open on request and based on availability.
- Set in the tranquil surroundings of the Banyan Tree Spa, dining at Tamarind is an experience not to be missed. Fresh ingredients, organic products, exotic herbs, roots, spices and aromatic salts create the distinctive flavors of Tamarinds Eclectic Cuisine. Dress code: Casual Elegance Tamarind is reserved for adults only At Tamarind, our non smoking policy applies Dinner: 6:00pm to 11:00pm (Last food order 10:30pm) Capacity: 28
- Reflections Pool Bar
- The ideal chill-out place for sun lovers, the Reflections Pool Bar located nearby the lobby, serving tasty snacks, cool drinks and tropical cocktails for the classic poolside experience. Open: 10:00am to 6:30pm Last order: 6:00pm
- With a beautiful view overlooking the elegant Reflections Pool, enjoy our sumptuous international breakfast buffet each morning, or our modern Mexican cuisine in the evening. Dress code: Casual Elegance At Oriente, our non smoking policy applies Breakfast: 7:00am to Noon Dinner: 6:00pm to 11:00pm (Last food order 10:30pm) Capacity: 120
- Banyan Tree's signature restaurant serves contemporary Thai cuisine. Overlooking the lagoon and the mangroves, the restaurant's three pavilions provide an intimate romantic setting. Dishes featured on our menu are served family style and prepared with a modern approach, while still preserving traditional Thai cooking techniques. Dress code: Casual Elegance At Saffron, non smoking policy applies one deck allows. Dinner: 6:00pm to 11:00pm (Last food order 10:30pm) Capacity: 60
- Set at the Mayakoba Beach, alongside the beautiful Caribbean Sea, this perfect spot offers an a la carte breakfast, cool drinks, light snacks and fresh seafood for lunch. After the sun sets, enjoy the gentle caress of the ocean breeze while sipping your favorite cocktail and sampling the freshest and finest catches of the day and fine cuts. At Sands, our non smoking policy applies Lunch: Noon to 5:00pm Dinner: 7:00pm to 11:00pm (Last food order 10:00pm)* Capacity: 60 *Opening details might change due to weather conditions.
- La Copa
- Care for some Tequila, Mojito or simply a glass of Champagne and some tapas before dinner? Relax and enjoy the sunset while you sip your favorite cocktail. After dinner La copa is the perfect place to unwind and offers the best setting for star gazing while you linger over a coffee, cognac and cigar. Opens: 11:00am to 1:00am
- In- Villa Dining
- While enjoying your stay at one of our stunning villas with very own garden and pool, In-Villa dining is a romantic experience not to be missed. Whether it's an exquisite private breakfast or a mouthwatering outdoor barbeque, our outstanding In-Villa dining team will attend to all of your culinary requirements. 24 Hour service
- 3:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Guest Reviews (64)
Ratings and reviews for Banyan Tree Mayakoba Riviera Maya
- Hotel staff:
Excellent hotel, elegant and beautiful
This is a beautiful hotel with enormous villas. The villas were nicely designed, there are minor little maintenance and cleaniness issues (mildew at shower faucet handle). Service was excellent, prompt and attentive. We did a private yoga class which was not so great, room was dark and small, teacher was late. We complained and they waived the fee. We later learned we could have scheduled yoga on the beach which would have been great. The beach and pool attendants are excellent! Food was excellent as well. We went into town which was not as nice as the hotel. Overall a wonderful place for vacation.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff:
Dining tip: Short drive from hotel
We took a taxi into town at Playa del Carmen. It was very touristic and not very nice. The hotel recommended a seafood restaurant which was okay, not great. Food was better at the hotel.
Words cannot describe how incredibly luxurious and beautiful this place is! The service surpasses anything I have ever encountered. Everything about the accomodations, surroundings,food and the people far exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high going in, based on the reviews I had read). I've been to many wonderful resorts throughout the years but this one truly stands alone. I'll be going back as soon as my wallet can stand the strain!!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff:
Sightseeing tip: In Hotel
Be sure to take the free boat tour offered each Tuesday and Thursday. The wildlife we saw was amazing.