Sunrise Bungalows Tanna Islandhttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Vanuatu/Tanna/Sunrise_Bungalows_Tanna_Island.h423921/
These locally owned and operated Vanuatu bungalows are scattered, some suspended on a lush cliff which overlooks the charming Cook's Hat Bay. Sunrise Bungalows are aptly named once you have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful ocean sunrise, with your elevated position making it that much better.
Take in the fresh, pure and crisp forest oxygen. The location of Sunrise Bungalows is a true nature lover's paradise. Once you are settled in your bungalow, follow a path to the beach where you will find the water temperature usually quite warm, some say it's due to the underground volcanic hot springs. After the beach trip, check out the local villages or the tree house located about 15 minutes walk away. Sorry, Hotel don't book it in the interest of safety to clients.
Sunrise Bungalows provides a host of tours and activities to choose from on Tanna Island. Whether you are here for the volcano or looking for a relaxing snorkel (best to bring your own equipment when travelling in the islands), or swimming in Port Resolution Bay chilling out in the hot spring water mixing in with the ocean, touring Kastom Villages, or Fekar Waterfall or just unwinding.
There are several different styles of bungalows to choose from, each catering to singles, couples or families with shared "western style" facilities. There are 3 toilets and 3 showers with cold water only, shared amongst 5 bungalows. A few bungalows have private indoor facilities.
Hotel provide a tropical breakfast daily which is included in the room rate. Transfers to and from the airport are available at extra cost. There is a generator on the property which provides lighting at night and we have fresh spring water on tap. The panoramic view from this location and sheer drop offs is stunning; however a danger to young ones does exist so ask that parental supervision be essential to avoid any mishaps. Remember, the bungalows are rather basic but you will leave this place with magical memories.
Sunrise Bungalows Tanna Island Rooms
- SINGLE - BUNGALOW
- The rooms are locally decorated by the wild canes. It has power switch light, power point charge cameras and other things etc, balcony, chairs, harm chairs, tables and coffee tables. The bungalows are perched in a tree-lined and open grassland bluff with magnificent views of the bay.
- SHARED - BUNGALOW
- The rooms are locally decorated by the wild canes. It has power switch light, power point charge cameras and other things etc, balcony, chairs, harm chairs, tables and coffee tables. The bungalows are perched in a tree-lined and open grassland bluff with magnificent views of the bay. The Single Share/ Private & Double Share/Private Jungle View Bungalows are perched in a two-lined with magnificent view of the Jungle and the beautiful gardens.
AmenitiesNo amenity information is available for this hotel.
- Area served
- Tanna Island.
- Nearby airports
- International Airport: Fly from Port Vila airport to Tanna island it will take 30 minutes by ATR 72/ Twin Otter 50 Minutes
Domestic Airport: Tanna White Grass Airport drive to Sunrise bungalows 1 drives.
- Area description
- Sunrise bungalows is located in Turtle bay, Manuapen, South East of Tanna Island in the South Pacific Ocean. Close to Mt. Yasur active friendly volcano and Port Resolution. Also, landed at the Tanna White Grass airport and ask any local taxi drivers to transfer you to Sunrise bungalows. The local taxi drivers and people on Tanna know me and Sunrise bungalows.
- The Restaurant
- The Restaurant serves grown produce with seafood, local meat, rice, local vegetables and local fruits being highlight and not forgetting the excellent local produce Tanna Coffee. Also we provide our local style menu is "Tanna Soup" with local soft soft drinks etc... The other alcohol drinks and Vanuatu Beers and the soft drinks are asked to book in advance during reservation. The breakfast is included on accommodation. The breakfast is serves with local made breads, sugar, powder milk, lipton, Tanna coffee, Jam, local Jam, peanut butter, ripe pawpaw and ripe banana with slice lemon on it and local passion and lemon fruit juice.
- 8:00 AM
- 5:00 AM