First the good. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, and the water pressure was good (although you have to be a midget to stand under the shower head). Now the bad. The door handle to
the room was broken and would only unlock the door if you hold the handle up and wrestle with it. The room is as basic as any motel room gets. Now the ugly. The price of this room ($199 before taxes) is usury, at best. It should not be any more than about $59. The "oil boom" is no excuse for this hotel, and all the others in town, to commit highway robbery. We will NOT be back. EVER.
Had asked for non smoking, got smoking, though it was going to be a problem, but finally got a non smoking. Had a couple fighting around midnight then again at 5 am in next room.
The room was clean for the most part, but for the money being
charged it should have been nicer. The so call breakfast was either boil egg or waffle. Had to go to Denny’s down the street.
Just because of the oil boom the price gouging unbelievable. It seems to me the motels are the ones doing this the most, restaurants did not seem to have raised their prices that much, this the second or third one of these I have seen happen, and then they will be in a lot of hurt when it ends..
Out of all the hotels I've stayed at (over 100) this would have to be the worst. The rooms still had used towels in them, the bath would not drain during a shower, the staff gave us smoking rooms when we had requested non smoking and we had to
change rooms 3 times before we found a non smoking room. For some reason they don't know which of their rooms are smoking or not.
No matter how bad you need a room, don't stay here!
Hotel was duly informed that there were 2 adults and 1 child, but when arrived was given a room with 1 king bed. No cot or roll-away was provided nor available. Was told there were no other rooms available. Staff was friendly but not very helpful.
Overall, not very happy with the accommodations and for $130/night, it was highly overpriced for what you received.
We checked in late due to traveling all day. Opened the door to the room and instantly got the smell of cigarette smoke and mold. Upon entering Saw that the floor had not been cleaned and there was mud all over the carpet. I decided to check the
bathroom and found the tub had hairs in it. The toilet seat had something smeared on it. I called the front desk and was told there were no other rooms available. I pullded the comforter down only to find what appeared to be eyelashes on the sheets. At this point it was almost midnight and I seriously thought about sleeping in my truck. I decided to just dress in a long sleeve t-shir, socks and pants. I wasn't even sure the sheets had been cleaned they certaintly didn't smell fresh. The air conditioner ran all night and when I woke up I stepped out of bed into a puddle where the ac had leaked water all over the floor. I threw a towel down in the shower (after cleaning the hairs that were in there out myself) Rinsed off and got out of there. I stay in hotels at least 5 months out of the year and this was by far the nastiest, dirtiest hotel i've had to stay in. I told the front desk manager of my experience and all he said was sorry and that my receipt would be mailed to me. I will never stay at a La Quinta hotel ever again. If you are considering this hotel I would advise against it. The rate was about the same as other hotels in the area. You would be better off camping in the Midland desert.
I arrived late for check inn as I had been traveling all day. I opened the door to the room and was met with the smell of cigarettes and mold. Upon entering I realized the floor had not been cleaned and had mud everywhere. I wanted a shower badly
but after seeing small curly hairs in the shower still I couldn't bring myself to get in. To top it off the toilet seat has something smeared on it, and I had to clean it off. Called the front desk to see if there was a new room and told no. I have never been in a hotel that was this dirty for $140.00/night. Also the air conditioner was leaking water on the carpet I noticed this when I stepped down and my foot was soaked. When I told the front desk manager of my troubles in the morning he only replied 0rbits will mail my receipt.........Will never stay at La Quinta of any sort ever again!!