It was awesome our family had a blast I loved being right on the beach and being able to have our family pet with us. The staff was very helpful all but one lady at the front desk she was alittle brat not sure what her name was but she was only
there in the night. The lady that works in the doggy salon is super sweet and can't wait to let our pet go see her again :D Love it :D can't wait to visit again
Nice large room with a great ocean View, my husband is handicapped and uses a Electric scooter to get around. Even though they are not a handicap accessiable facility, it worked out fine.
Would recommend and would go back. One draw back is my
husband is a smoker (Never in the room) but this is a totally non smoking resort. He had to go out to the street to smoke. Not sure if it was advertised as such and I missed it
Where do I start!!??
1. Initially I thought this was going to be a good location. PERFECT view of the beach, balcony, full size fridge, stove and sink. Starting off good, but then...
2. Shannon at the front desk had the nastiest attitude the
entire time. Acted bothered to deal with us at all.
3. Dust bunnies hanging from the ceiling above the bed
4. Hair hanging from the bathroom vent
5. Sliding glass door handle broken
6. Alarm clock broken
7. Lobby computer was soooo slow! It took over an hour to print my boarding passes. Computer kept freezing and needing to be rebooted.
8. WAY too much chlorine in the pool and hot tub. It ate a hole in my swim suit after only one hour.
9. Pet friendly might seem nice for those with pets, but it's not so nice for those of us WITHOUT pets who have to listen to yippy dogs barking all night in the next room.
10. Worst of all, on day 2 of 5, we heard a gurgling in the kitchen sink. Went in to find sewage coming up out of the drain. It smelled like fecal matter. Called the front desk and when maintenance came in he told us they knew about it and was supposed to fix it but hadn't gotten to it yet. Asked him when it could be resolved and he didn't know. We had to leave the balcony door open all day (94 degrees out) and leave the room for the day because the stench was overpowering. By 10 p.m. when we came back, the smell was still lingering. They were booked full so couldn't move our room & we were stuck in that smell all night. In the morning I talked to the office manager, Michael Krempel who was unwilling to reimburse me ANY amount for the night of misery. He did fix the door and replace the clock, but when asked about the inconvenience of staying in a room that smelled like feces he said he couldn't do anything about that because I'd booked on a secondary site (O-rbitz) so it was out of his hands. He had a very arrogant attitude and was unwilling to do anything to show remorse for our experience. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
Pirates Voyage was a MUST see!!
Skywheel was awesome!
T.I.G.E.R.S. preserve/Preservation station - misleading. On their website it looks like you get to hold the animals and see all sorts of shows - not the case. That is only available if you pay the $250 admission price! The "free" admission is at a strip shopping center - 3 tigers behind glass. You can pay $80- to have your picture taken with a baby tiger that you hold for less than one minute. My 7 year old was heartbroken! Very misleading.
My wife found this hotel and it was a great choice! The rooms are nice and the beds sleep well. The towels are new and thick. The place is so pet friendly it has a grooming shop located in it. OMG! The staff is extremely friendly especially the
pool attendant, Cameron. He can answer any questions you have about where to eat or what to do. We will definitely be back with our family and dog!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Get a room on a higher floor on the north side to get a great view of the Ocean sunrise!
Ocean Park is a nice value hotel. The room was clean, accessible and served it's purpose. The staff was friendly. This hotel definitely caters to the dog owners. It didn't bother use, but those with out animals should be aware.
Hotel was clean, pet friendly, had a full stove and refrigerator in the room. Most importantly the bed was comfortable. I got a view of the ocean with options to select which floor I wanted to stay on.
Not many restaurants in walking distance but
you can drive to them.
I would recommend this hotel.
The hotel was a good value for the deal we got. The only issue we had was that our room was part of a suit which ment that we didnt have a stove to cook our breakfast on. but it was a good location on the beach, had two nice pools and two nice
hottubs. and it was a short drive to all the activities in the city.