Grand Hyatt Kauaihttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/United_States--HI/Lihue_(Island_of_Kauai)/Grand_Hyatt_Kauai.h7428/
a grand time
The staff and residents of Kauai could not have been any happier we were there, at least that how...
See full review
- Apr 10, 2013
everything you want in one place: a giant pool complex, several restaurants, tennis courts, golf...
See full review
- hawaii honeymooner
- Apr 5, 2013
Opulent Poipu resort is both playground and blissful retreatAcres of saltwater lagoons and freshwater pools, grottos, waterfalls, and an extravagance of tropical blooms create a setting so lush it could be a movie backdrop for the ultimate island love story. Tranquil but playful -- who can resist a 150-foot water slide? -- the AAA Four Diamond Grand Hyatt Kauai inspires thoughts of paradise. For spa-lovers it may well be paradise since Anara Spa added its blissful garden sanctuary. Yet golfers, kayakers and tennis players will also find idyllic ways to while away the hours … or days.
- 45,000-square-foot Anara Spa
- Camp Hyatt (ages 3-12), now partnered with National Geographic Kids
- Adjacent Shipwreck Beach, where "Six Days Seven Nights" was filmed
RoomsDecor at the Grand Hyatt Kauai is "Classic Hawaiian" with warm hues and rich woods. There are more than 600 rooms, each with lanai or balcony, but the resort doesn't feel crowded thanks to meandering paths and waterways that create a multitude of secluded, peaceful areas.
FeaturesIt is hard to peg the resort as ideal for couples or families, lovers or adventurers, golfers or kayakers, because it is for all of the above. Romantics find hidden nooks among the gardens and lagoons and in the serene spa. Tranquil lagoons beckon to kayakers while golfers can take the challenge posed by Poipu Bay Golf Course, where distractions include whales breaching just offshore. Parents have bonding time with children during cultural and family activities, and adult time while kids play and learn in highly regarded Camp Hyatt. A twice-weekly luau and Polynesian revue is for everyone.
DiningThere are nearly a dozen restaurants, bars, and snack venues at the Grand Hyatt Kauai, including an espresso bar where caffeine junkies can jump-start the day at 5:30 a.m. Stevenson's Library channels the ambiance of a Victorian gentleman's club (ladies welcome), a cozy spot for late-night Cognac or Port. Reserve in advance to dine at Dondero's, the only AAA Four Diamond restaurant on Kauai.
- Lihue Airport (15 mi/24.1 km)
- Koloa Heritage Trail (0.2 mi/0.3 km)
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Visitor Center (3.8 mi/6.1 km)
- Spouting Horn (3.8 mi/6.1 km)
- Nineteen meeting rooms, 65,000 square feet of flexible function space
- Forty thousand square feet of outdoor space, including formal gardens, lawns, waterside venues
- On-site audio-visual company
- Wi-Fi (fee applies)
- Special group and spouse spa and golf programs
Policies and fees
A daily Resort Fee of $25 (plus tax) inclusive provides additional amenities and services to enhance the guest experience and provides the following: access charges for 1-800 or 1-888 phone numbers; local telephone calls; self parking; access to 24-hour workout facility, fitness and yoga classes (age requirement 14 years); local newspaper; in-room bottled water; in-room coffee maker with complimentary coffee; in-room safe; incoming faxes; one-hour court time per day at the Tennis Garden, reservations are required; 10 percent off selected merchandise at Anara Spa; 10 percent off selected merchandise at the Tennis Center; 10 percent off Business Center computer Internet usage; 10 percent off selected merchandise and rentals at Captain Andy's Lagoon-Side Hut; 10 percent off regular merchandise at Poipu Bay Golf Pro Shop.
Due to a new Hawaii tax law, beginning July 1, 2011, a $10 tax will apply to all free nights. If a guest has booked a Sunshine on Sale or any other category providing a free night during their stay, the $10 tax will be collected at the hotel on check out.
This is not a comprehensive list of fees. Any amounts listed above may not include taxes and are subject to change.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Rooms
- Partial Ocean View
- Enjoy classic decor reminiscent of Hawaii's golden era in our gracious Kauai lodging, including a king or two queen beds and marble bath with double marble sink vanity and porcelain fixtures. A private balcony offering magnificent ocean views welcomes you to this spacious room of our Poipu Kauai accommodations featuring every amenity, including refrigerator, coffeemaker, Hawaiian Kona coffee, large work area, wireless Internet access and Portico bath products.
- Deluxe Ocean View
- Premier ocean views complement the classic decor of our welcoming Kauai accommodations - reminiscent of Hawaii's golden era - including one king or two queen beds and marble bath with double marble sink vanity and porcelain fixtures. A private balcony welcomes you to this spacious room of this Poipu Kauai lodging, featuring every amenity, including refrigerator, coffeemaker, Hawaiian Kona coffee, large work area, wireless Internet access and Portico bath products.
- Garden view
- Lushly landscaped gardens are in full view from the private lanai of these lovely Kauai hotel rooms. Classic decor created in the style of Hawaii's golden era features one King or two Queen Grand Beds fitted with luxurious sheeting over a plush pillow top mattress, an extra large marble bath with double sink vanity and pampering Portico bath products. These spacious beachfront Kauai hotel rooms include inviting amenities such as an iHome stereo with iPod docking station, a ceiling fan, refrigerator, coffee maker, a work area, wireless Internet access and a separate seating area.
- Pool View
- Enjoy the view of our legendary pools as you relax on your own private lanai. Rooms overlook the quiet adult pool area and the meandering lazy-river pool portion of our famous water wonderland.Classic decor created in the style of Hawaii's golden era features one King or two Queen Grand Beds fitted with luxurious sheeting over a plush pillow top mattress, an extra large marble bath with double sink vanity and pampering Portico bath products. These spacious beachfront Kauai hotel rooms include inviting amenities such as an iHome stereo with iPod docking station, a ceiling fan, refrigerator, coffee maker, a work area, wireless Internet access and a separate seating area.
- Ocean View Club
- Begin each day with the complimentary Continental breakfast, no host evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, as well as the services of a private concierge and full spa admission. Stunning ocean views complement the classic decor of our beachfront Kauai hotel, created in the style of Hawaii's golden era. Each Grand Club guestroom includes one King or two Queen Grand beds fitted with luxurious sheeting over plush pillow top mattresses, marble bath with double sink vanity and Portico products. Additional amenities such as chiller, lanai, an iHome stereo with iPod docking station, ceiling fans, a coffee maker, a work area, wireless internet access and a comfortable seating area add the perfect finishing touch.
- Wireless internet
- Health club
- Spa services
- Room service
- Business center
- Conference facilities
- Wireless internet
- Handicapped rooms/facilities
- Area served
- Island of Kauai, Hawaii
- Nearby airports
- LIH - Lihue International Airport
- Area description
- Located in Poipu area on south end of Kauai.
- Meeting Info
- Select the impeccable service and pampering amenities of Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa for your most successful meeting or event. Whether you are planning an elite gathering for your senior executives or an incentive getaway for your top sales teams, our enticing Kauai Hawaii meeting facilities will ensure an unforgettable event.. From a traditional Hawaiian Lei greeting to a grand final banquet overlooking the ocean, everything you need for a perfect Hawaii meeting hotel is at hand.
- Poipu Bay Clubhouse
- Settle in for a delicious breakfast or lunch in the welcoming country club atmosphere overlooking the majestic Poipu Bay Golf Course. Take in the view from the floor to ceiling windows as you enjoy your favorite breakfast. Sample a local specialty, such as Ahi Caesar Salad or the signature Crab Melt or just relax with a cocktail after a memorable round of golf on this world-famous course. Poipu Bay Grill and Bar also features a unique Sunday menu, offering a creative mix of breakfast and lunch items.
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Luau
- Listen for the blowing of the conch shell and the pounding of the drums, and you will know you are about to experience an unforgettable Hawaiian tradition. Join us each week for a fantastic journey through the rich cultural history of the Hawaiian people. Discover the stories of the land and its inhabitants throughout the centuries as the dancers take you around the world through ancestral dances, from Hawaii to Polynesia to New Zealand. From the tantalizing aromas of the elaborate feast to the intricate dance steps of the hula, you will be entertained and amazed throughout the entire evening. Available Thursday and Sunday evenings.
- Kupono Cafe at ANARA Spa
- Treat yourself to a healthful yet tasty breakfast or lunch in the peaceful setting of our spa cafe. Begin your day with a fresh fruit smoothie and house-made Granola Bar, or enjoy crispy salads and fresh sandwiches for lunch. A favorite of guests and locals alike, the recipes of this renowned cafe have been featured in many healthy living cookbooks.
- The Dock
- Dont want to miss a moment of fun in the sun? Then The Dock is the place to go for a casual lunch or afternoon snack. Conveniently situated close to the pools, lagoon and beach, this self-serve cafeteria style cafe offers a satisfying menu of burgers, wings, salads and more.
- Ilima Terrace
- Cascading waterfalls and koi-filled ponds surround you at Ilima Terrace. Gentle tropical breezes and lush greenery create the feeling of dining in a secluded sanctuary. Serving breakfast and lunch daily, this open-air casual restaurant is the ideal spot to plan another perfect day in paradise. Decide between a round of golf on our award-winning course or a day at the spa, while enjoying freshly brewed coffee and the extensive breakfast buffet. Relax over a delicious lunch after a morning at the pool to get energized for an afternoon game of tennis.
- Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Open air hale pili (thatched huts) with waterfalls and koi-filled lagoons create a charming rustic scene. Inspired by the natural ingredients and rich traditions of Hawaii, our tantalizing selections pay homage to the classic fare of Hawaii while creating new taste sensations. Open for dinner only.
- A fusion of sensations will delight you at our award-winning Italian restaurant. Dine al fresco under the twinkling evening stars overlooking the ocean, or choose the intimate indoor settings with beautiful murals and floor tiles reminiscent of an Italian villa. This enchanting scene is complemented by the delicate and flavorful selections of our creative menu, served by our attentive yet discreet staff. Here, in the restaurant chosen as Kauais Best Italian Restaurant, each meal becomes a celebration. Toast to each other, to a new venture or to your most memorable vacation, with the perfect wine from our extensive wine list. Savor the flavor, the incredible aromas and the perfect presentation of each culinary creation. Open for dinner only.
- Yum Cha Asian Eatery
- East meets West in our newest restaurant, Yum Cha. Enjoy the delicious flavors of Asian Fusion style cuisine while relaxing in the country club atmosphere overlooking the famous Poipu Bay Golf Course. Our diverse menu offers a tempting selection of small plates, soups, salads and entrees, ranging from well-known Asian favorites to our chef's own unique creations. Share a plate of Vietnamese Lettuce Wraps or Chinese Dumplings with your kids, then let them explore new tastes such as Yellow Coconut Curry Soup or Szechuan Sauteed Prime Beef. Finish off your meal with a refreshing sweet, such as Mochi Ice Cream or Jasmine Tea Ramisu. Yum Cha which means to drink tea offers an extensive variety of teas, as well as Asian beer, wine, Sake, alcoholic beverages and house-made concoctions the entire family can enjoy.Open for dinner only.
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Guest Reviews (181)
Ratings and reviews for Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Room cleanliness:
- Hotel staff:
- Room comfort:
The hotel is really nice. The restaurant Tidepools is one of the best seafood and steaks I have ever had. The location is pretty good, and the pool is amazing. You cannot go wrong with this hotel. A little bit on the pricey side but it is all worth it if you are looking for comfort and nice amenities.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Room cleanliness:
- Hotel staff:
- Room comfort:
Dining tip: In Hotel