Natural stone colors and a tranquil ambience give the Honua Kai Resort in Maui an air of luxury and intimacy. Spacious suites include gourmet kitchens filled with Bosch appliances, plus indulgent bath and body products for long hours in the tub. Head outside to enjoy the fresh air on the large veranda that overlooks the resort's private beach. On-site dining is offered at Duke's Beach House, a great venue for authentic Hawaiian cuisine prepared with fresh, local ingredients. After a day on the beach or exploring Maui, treat yourself to a thorough pampering at the Ho'ola Spa.
Honua Kai is located along the world-famous Kaanapali North Beach. Snorkeling is a popular activity here and whale-watching excursions can be taken during certain times of the year. Shopping is merely five minutes away at the Whalers Village complex, an outdoor venue offering specialty stores and dining establishments like Tommy Bahama. Golf enthusiasts will discover rolling fairways and contoured greens at the neighboring Royal Kaanapali Course.
- 3 pools
- Hot tub
- Laundry facility: washer/dryer in each suite; dry cleaning available
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Valet parking
- Fitness center
- 318 rooms
- 10 floors
- Childcare services
- Concierge desk
- 24-hour front desk
Due to renovations, the Hokulani infinity pool is closed until further notice. Three other pools are still available on site.
This is not a comprehensive list of fees. Any amounts listed above may not include taxes and are subject to change.
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Honua Kai Resort also booked these hotels.
Honua Kai Resort Rooms
- Ohana Resort View Suite
- Beautifully designed non-ocean view suite, depending on location, overlooking West Maui Mountains, pools, grounds, and ponds. Fully equipped kitchens with granite counter tops, microwave, washer & dryer.
- One Bedroom Suite
- Wondrous space to be together or to find time alone. Our one-bedroom suites offer an unparalleled oceanfront vacation experience - beyond any other Hawaii rental. As the newest hotel on Kaanapali North Beach, your expectations will be exceeded by the spacious floor plans offering living areas that flow onto glass railed lanais, blurring the line between indoor living and the spectacular Maui outdoors. The privacy of a separate bedroom creates a comfortable home-like setting within the contemporary, luxurious space.
- Two Bedroom Suite
- The two-bedroom suites are ideal for families or friends to connect in a home-like setting. The contemporary, tropical interiors blend seamlessly onto the large lanais creating an expansive indoor / outdoor space. The glass-rails create a feeling of unobstructed openness. The generous floor plan of the two bedroom rentals easily accommodates the whole family or friends, providing you with the opportunity to reconnect, relax and reinvigorate.
- Three Bedroom Suites
- The 3-bedroom suites are ideal for families or friends to connect in a home-like setting. All 3-bedroom suites feature 3 king beds in each bedroom, and a queen pull out sofa in the living room. The contemporary, tropical interiors blend seamlessly onto the large lanais creating an expansive indoor / outdoor space. The glass-rails create a feeling of unobstructed openness. The generous floor plan of the three bedroom rentals easily accommodates the whole family or friends, providing you with the opportunity to reconnect, relax and reinvigorate.
- Outdoor pool
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center or spa
- Fitness Center
- Room service
- Laundry service
- In-Room Safe
- Tour desk
- Gift shop
- Accessible Rooms/Facilities
- Duke's Beach House
- Duke's Beach House provides guests an authentic Hawaiian dining experience and omage to the restaurant's namesake, legendary Hawaiian surfer and waterman Duke Kahanamoku. The restaurant serves fresh, locally sourced ingredients for breakfast, lunch dinner. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. Duke's Beach House is located oceanfront at the resort. Hours of operation: Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Lunch and dinner are served between 11 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Aina Gourmet Market
- n addition to providing a full range of groceries and sundries, 'Aina Gourmet Market is a charming, rustic cafe with a full coffee bar; deli case of pastries, prepared salads, and snacks; hot panini sandwiches; and "zappers" for healthy grab 'n go meals. A full range of breakfast, lunch and dinner items are available daily. Sample menu items for breakfast: muffins, bagels & lox, pastries, eggs, wraps, quiche and a full coffee bar. Sample lunch and dinner menu items include fresh fruits, organic greens, fish plates, sub sandwiches, burgers and so much more. The menu changes regularly based on availability of fresh local produce and meats. The market is based on the "100-Mile Market" concept: utilizing products from within a 100-mile radius. Maui produce is stocked first, preferably from smaller farms and island-based businesses. Located conveniently in the lobby, 'Aina Gourmet Market is open from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. daily.
- 4:00 PM
- 11:00 AM
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Ratings and reviews for Honua Kai Resort
- Hotel staff:
great hotel- amazing value
very new decor- awesome lanai with wall to wall doors that open all the way up. we had a great view! the staff was friendly and for the value- this was a great place to stay.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff: