Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalowshttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/United_States--HI/Kona_(Big_Island_of_Hawaii)/Mauna_Lani_Bay_Hotel_and_Bungalows.h30081/
Want to see what guests are saying about this hotel? Click here to read all reviews
Waikoloa beachfront dream resort with golf, tennis, full spa and yogaFronting a luscious turquoise bay lined with powdery white sand, Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows offers guests a picture-perfect location in South Kohala's upscale Waikoloa. With award-winning tennis and spa amenities, grand guest accommodations -- nearly all with ocean views -- and unique activities such as turtle feeding, Travel + Leisure magazine consistently rates the resort as one of the "Top Hotels in the World." Free extras include valet parking, Wi-Fi Internet, daily newspaper and bottled water.
- Join in the resort's many activities, ranging from historic petroglyph tours to beachside yoga classes
- Tennis courts, ranked one of the "Top 50 Tennis Resorts" by Tennis Magazine
- Experience one of the "World's Best Spas" per Travel + Leisure magazine, built to resemble a Hawaiian village
LocationMauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows is less than an hour north of Kailua-Kona, in the upscale and sunny community of Waikoloa. The resort fronts a sugary beach and cove, neighbored by an ancient fishpond. Guests enjoy excellent shopping at two malls several miles away.
RoomsMauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows offers deluxe guest rooms with mountain, garden or ocean views; Beachfront Bungalows with private plunge pools; and 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas. Guest rooms include a private balcony, personal bar, LCD flat-screen TV, free high-speed Internet access and twice daily housekeeping service.
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows offers excellent recreational activities. Get friends together for a game of sand volleyball, or sign up for a class at the fitness center (fees may apply). For guests craving a bit of history, the hotel offers historic and educational tours and classes. The resort is also home to a spa, tennis club and two championship golf courses (fees apply).
DiningMauna Lani Bay offers a variety of dining experiences ranging from in-room private dining to the hotel's signature restaurant, The Canoehouse, serving fresh Island cuisine and a Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" wine selection.
- Kona International Airport (22.4 mi/36.1 km)
- Kings' Shops/Queens' MarketPlace (5 mi/8 km)
- Anaehoomalu Bay (5.7 mi/9.1 km)
- Hapuna Beach (6.8 mi/11 km)
- Lapakahi State Historical Park (19.8 mi/31.8 km)
- Kailua-Kona (28.6 mi/46 km)
- Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park (48.3 mi/77.8 km)
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (via Waimea) (102 mi/164 km)
Policies and fees
- The pool and Jacuzzi will be closed for renovation from 01 October to 10 December 2013. During this period, the lap pool at the Sports & Fitness Club will be open. Some rooms are also undergoing refurbishment until 19 December.
- Overnight parking fee is $18.00 plus tax.
- Internet fee is $14.95 plus tax per day or $54.95 plus tax per week.
This is not a comprehensive list of fees. Any amounts listed above may not include taxes and are subject to change.
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows Rooms
- Ocean View Room
- The Ocean View guest rooms feature excellent views of the beach, ocean and the dynamic Kohala coast. In winter it is common to see humpback whales breaching. This room is perfect for guests who prefer to experience sunset or sunrise over the Pacific from the comfort of their private lanai
- Standard Room
- Overlooking the Mauna Kea Mountain, these rooms are the most affordable of the luxury guest rooms.
- Garden View Room
- The Garden View guest rooms offer views of the beautiful gardens of Mauna Lani Resort. This room is perfect for guests who prefer lush greenery.
- Ocean Front Room
- The Ocean Front guest rooms directly overlook the beach, palms and straight out onto the warm Pacific Ocean. The views are, of course, spectacular. In winter, it is common to see humpback whales breaching
- Free internet
- Outdoor pool
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center or spa
- Fitness Center
- Room service
- Business center
- Laundry service
- In-Room Safe
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Barber/Beauty shop
- Conference facilities
- Doctor on call
- Gift shop
- Free internet
- Handicapped rooms/facilities
- Service dogs allowed
- Service animals allowed
- Accessible parking
- Handicapped parking
- Area served
- Kohala Coast - Kona, HI
- Nearby airports
- Kona International Airport-KOA
- Area description
- On 29 oceanfront acres at Kalahuipua'a on the Big Island's Kohala Coast, 23 miles north of the Kona International Airport. Flanked by Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, Hualalai and the ancient Kohala Mountains in the distance. On Makaiwa Bay and three miles of secluded shoreline. Part of the 3,200 - acre Mauna Lani Resort located on ancient 16th century Kaniku lava flow and dotted with 15 acres of ancient springfed Hawaiian fishponds; historic park and preserves with petroglyphs; shelter caves and the restored King's Trail, Ala Loa. Lush grounds and ten spectacular man-made ponds teeming with tropical fish and Hawaiian green sea turtles. Seven inches of rainfall annually; average temperature 78' Fahrenheit.
- Huli Sue's at Mauna Lani
- Located at the Golf Clubhouse overlooking the Golf Course and Kohala Coast. Daily Lunch 11:00am - 4:00 pm Dinner Tuesday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- The CanoeHouse
- Enjoy a creative farm-to-table menu of island fresh cuisine with a contemporary flair, as you relax and enjoy scenic Kohala Coast sunsets. Chef's Bites are served in the CanoeHouse Lounge. Seasonal Summer Schedule: Dinner served Tuesday - Saturday from 5:30 pm - 8:45 pm. Dinner reservations recommended. Call 808-881-7911, complimentary valet parking. Enjoy live entertainment from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm. (Solo musician)
- The Bay Terrace
- The open-air garden setting of the Bay Terrace is the perfect location to enjoy a taste of the islands. Breakfast features a bountiful buffet and ala carte menu. Lunch offers fresh salads, sandwiches and island favorites including tropical drinks. Signature Dinner Buffets are served Sunday & Monday evenings. Dinner Buffet reservations are recommended. Call 881-7911 Breakfast Buffet: 6:30 am - 10:00 am Sample Menu Breakfast Ala Carte: 6:30 am -10:30 am Lunch: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Sample Menu Dinner Buffets 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm Sunday & Monday
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Lanai
- Hours: 7 days; 6am - 4pm
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.