Nice location/view and staff. Very close
To the beach and stores. Nightclubs are close as well. The... See full review
Aug 3, 2014
Good value for money off season
During the off peak times this hotel has good value for money. At full price for peak times, I... See full review
Sep 25, 2008
Art Deco-inspired design overlooks the Intracoastal Waterway, two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean. An on-site business center caters to the business traveler; guests more inclined to leisure can relax in the outdoor pool and make use of the 24-hour concierge services for other activities.Amenity highlights: The fourth-floor terrace sundeck overlooks Indian Creek and includes a covered outdoor splash pool. High. Additional amenities include a 24-hour reception desk, a 24-hour fitness room, parking, and laundry facilities, high speed internet access. Insider tip: A popular upscale shopping experience is within 3.5 miles of the hotel at the Bal Harbour Shops. Set in a lush, open-air garden with a waterfall, this shopping complex offers Christian Dior, Gucci, Prada, and Versace, in addition to an art gallery, restaurants, and department stores, including Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. The on-site restaurant and bar are open daily and serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Daily drink specials and Happy Hour. This hotel is a smoke-free property.
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Sixty Sixty Hotel also booked these hotels.
Enjoy the City View rooms. This room type offers one queen size bed and a sofa bed allowing up o three gues in the room. Located on floor 5-16.
Enjoy a beautiful view of the Inter costals waterway from the queen bay view rooms. This room type offers one queen size bed and sofa bed allowing up to three guest in the room. Located on floors 5-16.
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
- Low price... sometimes! Rates seem to be all over the board depending on what site you book on and when you book. Make your reservation and keep checking back. I got a lower rate 3 times before I arrived
- Bed was comfy and above
average for a 2 star hotel
- Bathroom Towels there fluffy and new – much better than average for this level of hotel
- Location is good for a two star hotel
- A large, studio style room, above average size especially for this price range
The Bad and the really Ugly:
- The bed sheet was so thin that you could see through it and had wholes. There was no pad or protector on the mattress. Not much separating your sweaty body from the prior quest and the mattress… yuck
- Foam pillows. Usually you get at least on feather option
- I was by myself but the bed would be too small for two people
- There was no soap of any kind anywhere in the hotel – no bath soap, no hand soap, no shampoo and no dish soap. I asked the maid if she had soap to wash the dishes and she said no. I asked if she cleaned the dishes between guests and she shyly smiled and shrugged. There was also no kitchen towels, no sponges and nothing else to clean with. Be warned – do not use any of the dishes or glasses unless you bring your own soap and wash them first… eeeewwww yuck again!
- There was no hot water in the kitchenette and only occasionally hot water in the shower depending on what time of day you took your shower
- There is only wired internet in the room – no wireless – and the cable they provide does not reach the table. It is only 3 feet long. If you have a smaller device without a LAN than you’re out of luck or have to go to the lobby
- There is no stovetop in the “full service” kitchenette – only a microwave and mini refrigerator, and as mentioned, no hot water. There are no sharp knives, no can opener (I don’t drink, but no wine bottle opener), no large bowl for salad or making food – just tiny cereal bowls
- Get a high floor away from the street or the traffic noise will keep you awake all night
- Parking and internet are NOT free! There is a mandatory $15 per day charge even if you do NOT have a car and do NOT use the internet!
- The swimming pool was shut down by the State of Florida due to code violations
- The safe was torn off the wall (it was only screwed into the drywall – not into a stud) so beware that this very lightweight safe can easily be removed and stolen. If you have valuables, do not use the safe in your room
- The front desk NEVER answers the phone regardless of how many times you call or how long the line rings
- MOLD – beware if you have an allergy – the wallpaper in the hallways on the 7th floor was peeling off and had a large amount of mold underneath it. I’m planning on putting a call in to the health department before someone gets seriously sick
The lobby was very nice and the staff was very helpful. As the rooms were not available they moved me to Casablanca hotel which was directly on the beach. Sixty Sixty looked to be a 3 Star hotel.
For the price point I think it was a good hotel.
During the off peak times this hotel has good value for money. At full price for peak times, I think it is expensive. The room is large and comfortable with a sofa, table and chairs and microwave and small refrigerator. Only rooms with one queen
bed are available. Internet and parking are extra, the latter quite expensive. I didn't check out the pool or other common areas. There is a bus stop right outside with access to South Beach and Lincoln Road. There are very few dining options within walking distance.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short walk from hotel
There is a great bagel shop a couple of blocks north on Collins Avenue.