- Low price... sometimes! Rates seem to be all over the board depending on what site you book on and when you book. Make your reservation and keep checking back. I got a lower rate 3 times before I arrived
- Bed was comfy and above
average for a 2 star hotel
- Bathroom Towels there fluffy and new – much better than average for this level of hotel
- Location is good for a two star hotel
- A large, studio style room, above average size especially for this price range
The Bad and the really Ugly:
- The bed sheet was so thin that you could see through it and had wholes. There was no pad or protector on the mattress. Not much separating your sweaty body from the prior quest and the mattress… yuck
- Foam pillows. Usually you get at least on feather option
- I was by myself but the bed would be too small for two people
- There was no soap of any kind anywhere in the hotel – no bath soap, no hand soap, no shampoo and no dish soap. I asked the maid if she had soap to wash the dishes and she said no. I asked if she cleaned the dishes between guests and she shyly smiled and shrugged. There was also no kitchen towels, no sponges and nothing else to clean with. Be warned – do not use any of the dishes or glasses unless you bring your own soap and wash them first… eeeewwww yuck again!
- There was no hot water in the kitchenette and only occasionally hot water in the shower depending on what time of day you took your shower
- There is only wired internet in the room – no wireless – and the cable they provide does not reach the table. It is only 3 feet long. If you have a smaller device without a LAN than you’re out of luck or have to go to the lobby
- There is no stovetop in the “full service” kitchenette – only a microwave and mini refrigerator, and as mentioned, no hot water. There are no sharp knives, no can opener (I don’t drink, but no wine bottle opener), no large bowl for salad or making food – just tiny cereal bowls
- Get a high floor away from the street or the traffic noise will keep you awake all night
- Parking and internet are NOT free! There is a mandatory $15 per day charge even if you do NOT have a car and do NOT use the internet!
- The swimming pool was shut down by the State of Florida due to code violations
- The safe was torn off the wall (it was only screwed into the drywall – not into a stud) so beware that this very lightweight safe can easily be removed and stolen. If you have valuables, do not use the safe in your room
- The front desk NEVER answers the phone regardless of how many times you call or how long the line rings
- MOLD – beware if you have an allergy – the wallpaper in the hallways on the 7th floor was peeling off and had a large amount of mold underneath it. I’m planning on putting a call in to the health department before someone gets seriously sick
We arrived early and had been told we could check in at noon, but when we got there they didn't have anything available until 4. I'm pretty sure we are in the 21st century and they could have told me before.
Staff was crazy rude
Please, do no stay in this dump! Rooms are filthy!
The carpet was extremely dirty. Even though there is ac
in the rooms, the hallways were too hot. No ac?
I paid way too much money for this dump and they
even charged me an extra 30 dollars for
The pool was closed as well as the breakfast lobby.
Please, don't make the same mistake I made.
The lobby was very nice and the staff was very helpful. As the rooms were not available they moved me to Casablanca hotel which was directly on the beach. Sixty Sixty looked to be a 3 Star hotel.
For the price point I think it was a good hotel.
A six out of ten at best. Ok location. 10th floor view was good. Not enough lights inside the hotel room. Seems like the hotel had a inexpensive 'freshening' done a few years ago, but the quality of that freshening was low. Cleaning staff did not
replace toilet paper or coffee regularly. The elevator had a notice from Miami city that it needed to be repaired in 30 days. The pool was not open due to repairs, so had to walk to the sister hotel for a swim. This hotel seemed to have been bought by an investor(s) who did not want to put any money into it. I think the hotel rating should be downgraded.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
If you need a change from going to South Beach, the Aventura mall is excellent. It has an AMC24 movie theatre and the Cheesecake Factory restaurant is awesome.
worst night ever. could not wait until the next morning to check out. The staff are plain rude and the room sub standard even for a one star rating! Aircon did not work and the room was not properly cleaned.