Hotel is in a good location close to many restaurants. It has nice outdoor facilities but the rooms are aged although clean. Elevator was out of service and parking was expensive. Could not get my room until 3:30 pm.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
Two blocks up are some great restaurant choices. A little far to walk but convenient by vehicle.
Hotel was just okay. Clean enough. Nice enough. Nothing really special. Pool towels need to be upgraded. Extra charge for cushions for lounge was ridiculous. So was $20 "amenity" fee for use of room refrigerator and microwave.
I was offered a tour of the hotel during my stay, during the tour the salesman of the tour became very rude said that he was done and to see myself out the door. Very disrespectful all over checking the time on my phone. I had spoke to his manager
and he didn't care. Then I was accused of smoking in my room and the hotel charged my card for extra fees. I spoke with the manager to get it situated considering I don't smoke. Well come to find out that manager didn't care either. He claims housekeeping came in the room to inspect but nothing was never cleaned no sheets, no towels. I asked what housekeeper came in the room and he had no idea said to speak with housekeeper on my floor. Let's just say I spoke to the housekeeper on my floor and considering I had a do not disturb sign on my door no one came in my room. The management at this hotel sucks and they don't put their customers first. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a nice resort but not customer friendly.
This hotel has a good price for the location, but it comes with list of negatives:
1. There are 3 tiny elevators that are always overfilled and you need to wait for some time to get on and then stop on every floor.
2. Some rooms are ok, others are
disgusting, with rusty bathrooms with horrible drainage in sink and shower, scratched and broken outdated furniture, musty smell especially in the closet, stains on the carpets, and dust on the night stands. After getting one of these rooms, we asked for a room switch which we got right away and it was definitely a great improvement. However, still don't understand how they can even offer rooms like that to people.
3. Valet parking costs $20 and takes a long time to pick up the car. We waited for 30 minutes on the first day and decided to use the lot for $15 across the street.
4. There is an $18 daily resort fee plus $2 tax on that resort fee which you are not told about when you book or at check in. They sneak in the charge and it seems like many guests were surprised at this fees at checkout. Be sure to review your bill for other incorrect charges. We were charged for extra days of valet parking, 8 days of resort fees when we only stayed for 7. These wrong charges were removed but you need to point them out to them.
1. Price. All other hotels in this area will charge much more.
2. Location. You are right on the beach and there are many stores, restaurants, car rentals, etc walking distance.
3. Offer 1 and 2 bedroom accommodations for a good price which is convenient.
So if you just want to spend some time at the beach and don't want to spend much, you can do it here just know what frustrations you can expect. After our experience, we will visit another hotel next time even if we need to pay a bit more.
there were only 2 elevators for lots of people .the gym treadmill should be repaired , the breakfast was not included . But my son had to afford breakfast at a cafe since there was no juice , fruit ,cold meat .
Michele the manageress ill
treated me , the cuban manager told they were going to work on that .He was nice
Traveled to Miami and stayed at this hotel for a friends wedding. The staff was rude, asked for a complete set of towels 3 days in a row before we finally got some. Went to sit on couch in the room and almost ended up on the floor because there
was no support under the cushions. The windows and mirrors were cracked, there was mold in the shower and the room had dirty spots everywhere. The elevator wait time was HORRIBLE!!!! Outdated hotel!!
The only good thing about this hotel was the pool, beach and outside bar!!
This resort is definitely not worth the money. The rooms are small and sadly lacking in housekeeping and maintainence. There was standing water in the bathroom the whole time we were there and mold in the shower. The front desk staff were
extremely rude. The jet skis are NOT available 7 days a week, as a matter of fact they were only there once in the 4 days we stay at Newport. There is nothing within walking distance to do and the resort provide very limited opportunities for fun and wanted to charge you extra for everything the could. The food and drinks are outrageously overpriced and their new fine dining restaurant was horrible--the food was burnt, cold and overpriced! They charged us an extra $10 a day for beach access and pool access and housekeeping--shouldn't these things come with a beach side resort! Will not be returning to this slum!!