The hotel has a stunning interior design and the room was a dreamy sanctuary. Everything was clean, peaceful and luxurious. The hotel restaurant had good food and a wonderful outdoor patio and jazz band on the weekend mornings for brunch. The
rooftop deck and pool was beautiful but not as busy in the evening as I expected; it was crowded during the day. The pool was 3ft 6in deep, which seems to be regulation-related as the pool at the Delano was the same depth. The hotel was across the street from the beach and towels and chairs were provided (umbrellas were extra). The beach area was clean and peaceful with an eclectic crowd and the water was beautiful. Overall, I had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend this hotel.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Long walk from hotel
The Delano nearby has a beautiful, spacious lounge and pool area with two restaurants, including a sushi bar that was fantastic.
The location is absolutely the best. You are within walking distance to most hot spots in South Beach whether that is restaurants, clubs or SOBE tourist attractions.
Exceptional staff, great restaurant(Tudor House).
The pool could have been
bigger, but the overall experience makes that look like a small detail.
From a once Miami resident and now frequent visitor i'd say, that this is one of the better hotels of SOBE
I've stayed at the Viceroy,Fontainebleau,Eden Roc but i think moving forward, DREAM will be my new home while in SOBE.
The hotel was not bad at all. The room was a little on the small side, but I stayed alone so it was perfect for me. The decor was updated and once you figure out the lighting system you should be good.
The location was perfect not directly on the
beach, but just one block away away from the noise and crowd.
Great! We accidently put out the wrong tag on the door and they did not make up our room. We called and ask for just towels as it was our mistake. When we returned later that evening the room was made up and chocolates on the bed. Location,
rooftop pool (with amazing view) dining,ultra modern room,super comfortable beds,accomodating staff was all wonderful......recommend this hotel!
This was the perfect hotel, situated in between all of SoBe's hottest area! A block from Ocean Drive & the beach and blocks from night life. Hotel was overall a great deal! The rooftop pool was amazing, the rooms modern & sleek, and the service
was excellent! The only things I would change about the hotel room itself was 1- the lighting, very very dark. Not sufficient for females trying to put on some make-up. And 2- The bathroom & shower doors were all glass- therefore, completely see-through. Fine if you're with a signifcant other, but still a bit awkward. Everything else, AMAZING!! The hotel charges a mandatory $7.99/night rate for pool/towel access and for wifi. If you plan on driving here, be forewarned everywhere in this area charges a RIDICULOUS amount for parking/valet- $34/NIGHT. But, we cabbed it and probably still spent less than it ould hav ebeen to park.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short walk from hotel
Ocean Drive has the most amazing restaurants, but be forewarned, it's a popular tourist area, SO the prices are pretty high. But, the massive drinks will make anyone happy when the servers walk around offering free shots & happy hour specials all day long! They can be a bit pushy but all these restaurants are similar in taste & service.
My wife and I escaped for the weekend to South Beach. We live an hour away. Lots of great hotels in the area, but we had read about the ownership and uniqueness of this hotel so wanted to try it. Staff was friendly and professional. They upgraded
us to the Junior Suite for free, and were responsive to anything we needed. Hotel has a funky, South Beach feel, with modern decor and lighting -- reminded me of the "W" hotel ambience a bit, infused with Versace-type decor and colors, and Indian themes. Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again.They also have a handful of regular suites which are 2 stories (private rooftop deck), and one Penthouse suite.
1. This is a boutique hotel -- smaller than your typical hotel...smaller lobby, pool area, room sizes, etc. Smaller also equates to getting more personalized service. When we called the front desk for anything (eg. iron) someone was knocking on our door within 3 minutes to deliver it. We had a welcome-card signed by the hotel staff waiting for us in our room, congratulating us on our anniversary.
2. Bathroom in our Jr. Suite was mostly made of glass walls. Essentially you can see shower and almost all areas of bathroom depending on where you are standing in the room...so you don't get the traditional privacy you might expect. Wasn't an issue for my wife and me, but something to be aware of.
3. Hotel is on Collins Ave. so only one block away from beach. But since the two Dream buildings are not that tall, you don't get a view of the beach. Window shades are kept closed mostly, because view is directly into other nearby buildings. Rooms are darker without sunlight, though this didn't bother us -- interior lighting is fine.
4. Valet ($34/day) parking w/ mandatory resort [called "Dream Package"] fee (allows you to get towels for pool deck and beach) $8/day, plus taxes amounts to an additional $44/day...factor that into your overall room price. Still, overall room price is competitive w/ other hotels in the area.
5. Good location...a 1 minute walk to beach, and in the middle of all the great night-life and shopping.
6. High speed internet included in room price.
7. Cozy pool and deck area on rooftop. Great place for cocktails, and meeting w/ friends.
We spent our 1st Wedding Anniversary at the Dream and enjoyed our stay. Although I longed for a spa during our stay, we were happy to learn that they are opening one two weeks after our stay.
We will definitely come back. The location is great.
The rooms are small...per the Art Deco hotels of the period but the owners have redesigned space limitations in ways that maximize functionality
while providing a modern boutique hotel feel.
One thing though, this is not a hotel for families with children. The two bathroom areas are share an open concept (read glass doors). So privacy is kept at a minimum but, hey, enjoy the views in and outside of your room!