The rooms are ok, but for the price payed...
WiFi is not included
local phone calls - $5
no parking, only valet or a payed parking two blocks away
the hotel is hosting meetings and conferences, so if you try to get to your room at the 6th floor
during a lunch break time - you will wait for an elevator for 10 mins
no water in a lobby
for the exhibition rooms
- projector/screen settings cut slides on their edges (yes, I prep my ppt taking this in account, but it's disappointing to find a "professional" conference venue in such a poor shape)
- a projector in the largest auditorium screws colors to an unreadable bleached mess and eliminates fine details as chart axes
- air conditioning is poorly regulated - can be desert-hot in the morning and then freezing in the afternoon
this was my first review for the hotel, but now I have a few things to add.
1. they have charge me for water that we did not use. I talked to my colleagues, and they had been charged too.
2. My credit card was used for some I-net purchases, and the only time I left it in my bag unattended was in the hotel.
- Marriott amenities are very poor for the price they charge
- check well their charges - things might be added
- watch your credit cards and documents, don't trust the staff
I had searched for a while trying to find a decent hotel that is located within walking distance to shops and restaurants in downtown Monteray. I knew the Marriott would have decent standards, good prices and availability. Our was a little funky
the way the sink area was in a separate cubicle but it made the room nicer. One bad note: the 90's era wallpaper was peeling off the bathroom wall. The best part of this hotel being located very close to Fisherman's Wharf and Alvarado St. which is full of shops, restaurants and bars. We also ran along the coastal trail to the Aquarium and back. I would stay there again.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short walk from hotel
Catch dinner at Fisherman's Wharf and get seating with a view of the marina. There is a lot of sea life to watch while you eat. Sea Lions, Pelican's, otters. Plus a nice sunset!