The Taj looks and feels like a five star but with a three star price. The staff is always tring to... See full review
Jan 24, 2014
Very good location in Colombo. Easy to get around, friendly staff ready to help any thing what ever... See full review
Dec 31, 2012
1) Taj Samudra is a charming hotel spread across 11 acres of beautifully manicured gardens which overlook the India Ocean. The hotel is conveniently located close to the citys business hub and city centre.
2) The hotel is 34 KMS OR 45 MINS drive from the Bhadranaike Airport and 4 KMS or 5 MINS from the Fort Railway Station.
3) The hotel offers a mix between renovated rooms and suites offering modern amenities overlooking the Indian Ocean or the City.
4) Guests can choose from: Sichuan, Cantonese, Indian or International cuisine at the hotels restaurants.
5) FACILITIES: Bookshop, fitness centre, shopping arcade, souvenir shop, swimming pool, squash and tennis court.
6) SHOPPING: Colombo is famous for exquisite handicrafts.
7) THINGS TO DO: Museum 6 KMS OR 15 MINS, Town Hall 5 KMS OR 10 MINS and Buddhist Temple 2 KMS OR 5 MINS
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Taj Samudra also booked these hotels.
Deluxe One Bed Room Suite/Ocean View/ King Bed/ 63 Sq Mt/ HSIA 24 Hr Free
No smoking rooms/facilities
No smoking rooms/facilities
Coffee maker in room
24 hour room service
24 hour front desk
Express check in
Car rental desk
Doctor on call
Audio visual equipment
Television with cable
Phone with speaker
Electronic door locks
Sprinklers in rooms
Nearby points of interest
Chatham street clock tower: 0.9 mi
Town Hall: 1.3 mi
National Museum: 1.3 mi
Type: All day dining cum Coffee Shop
Cuisine: Global cuisine
Theme: Buffet for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, a la carte menu
The Golden Dragon
Type: Speciality Restaurant
Cuisine: Szechuan Chinese
Theme: Chinese Chef and ambience
Entertainment: Piped music
Type: Speciality restaurant
Cuisine: North Indian
Navratna serves North Indian and variety of delicacies from South India.
Theme: Indian Chef and North Indian ambience
Entertainment: Soothing instrumental band at dinner time
The Steak and Grill House
Type: Fine Dining
Theme: Upmarket, pairing of wine and cuisine
Type: Elegant Lounge
Cuisine: Light eats and beverages
Entertainment: Saxophonist, pianist on selected days
The Barbeque Terrrace
The Mix Bar
Cuisine: Light Eats
Theme: High Energy
Entertainment: DJ Music
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
The Taj looks and feels like a five star but with a three star price. The staff is always tring to make your stay better and does. Breakfast was great just don't expect American pancakes. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.