Copthorne Hotel Rotoruahttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/New_Zealand/Rotorua/Copthorne_Hotel_Rotorua.h61998/
Offering convenient distance to Lake Rotorua and must-visit local attractions, Copthorne Hotel Rotorua creates a suitable starting point for travelers looking to explore this New Zealand city. Tourists staying at this plush hotel view collections on exhibit at Rotorua Museum, have pampering treatments at Polynesian Spa and admire beautiful surrounds at scenic reserves in the area.
At Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, patrons can kick-start the day with breakfast buffet and later have a la carte dinner at Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen. Catch traditional Hangi performances (at cost) and end the day by sipping drinks at the cozy bar on site. This deluxe property provides five conference venues that can accommodate up to 350 people. Heated outdoor pool, tennis court, and gym are available for recreation. Parking, laundry facilities, currency exchange and Internet kiosk are also available for a more convenient stay.
RoomsAfter a day touring around the area, guests retreat to any of the 110 plush rooms and suites at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua. Each unit is appointed with Sky TV, tea- and coffee-making facilities, iron/board, Wi-Fi access, hairdryer, radio alarm clock, and en suite bathroom. Courtyard/balcony, air conditioning, and separate living area are available in select units.
- Close to Rotorua Museum and Rotorua Convention Centre
- Live entertainment, heated pool, tennis court, and gym
- Meeting venues that can hold up to 350 people
- Tihiotonga Centennial Park (1.7 km/1.0 mi)
- Lake Rotorua (2.0 km/1.2 mi)
- Polynesian Spa (2.2 km/1.4 mi)
- Government Gardens (2.4 km/1.5 mi)
- Rotorua Convention Centre (2.4 km/1.5 mi)
- Rotorua Museum (2.5 km/1.6 mi)
- Mount Ngongotaha Scenic Reserve (6.4 km/4.0 mi)
- Lake Tikitapu (9.0 km/5.6 mi)
- Lake Rotokakahi (9.5 km/5.9 mi)
- Tamaki Maori Village (11.0 km/6.8 mi)
- Waimangu Volcanic Rift Valley (18.0 km/11.2 mi)
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Copthorne Hotel Rotorua also booked these hotels.
Copthorne Hotel Rotorua Rooms
- Standard Twin
- These warmly decorated and elegantly furnished Standard rooms feature a courtyard or balcony. Rooms have twin bedding, ensuite bathroom and Sky TV.
- Standard Double
- These warmly decorated and elegantly furnished Standard rooms feature a courtyard or balcony. Rooms have double bedding, ensuite bathroom and Sky TV.
- Superior Twin
- These warmly decorated and elegantly furnished rooms Superior rooms are situated in the hotel's tower block. Rooms have twin bedding, air conditioning, ensuite bathroom and Sky TV.
- Superior Double
- These warmly decorated and elegantly furnished rooms Superior rooms are situated in the hotel's tower block. Rooms have double bedding, air conditioning, ensuite bathroom and Sky TV.
- Rainbow Springs Family Special
- Experience the magic of Rainbow Springs. Accommodation and breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children, PLUS all day family entry to Rainbow Springs! Kids big and small can enjoy The Big Splash plus the free flight aviaries, tuatara, huge wild trout and more!
- Breakfast Inclusive
- Rate includes breakfast (childrens breakfast free of charge for all children up to and including the age of 13 registered in the same room).
- Outdoor pool
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Outdoor pool
- 24 hour room service
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Currency exchange
- Accessible Rooms/Facilities
Nearby points of interest
- Whakarewarewa Hot Springs: 0.5 mi
- Te Puia: 0.6 mi
- Polynesian Spa: 1.2 mi
- Rotorua Arts Village: 1.2 mi
- Kawaha Point: 3.4 mi
- Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park: 3.6 mi
- Gondola Cableway: 3.7 mi
- Agrodome: 5.8 mi
- Brunswick Park: 7.2 mi
- Lake Tarawera: 7.5 mi
- Hamurana: 8.3 mi
- Maori Concert and Feast
- Guests can enjoy good food and live music performed in a traditional Hangi style for $45 per person. The Maori Concert & Feast is spectacular entertainment not to be missed. Please contact the hotel directly to see if a show is avalible on your requested night.
- Jimmy Cooks Kiwi Kitchen
- Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen draws its inspiration from Captain James Cook, the renowned explorer who visited New Zealand three times during the 18th Century. In addition to his seafaring activities, James Cook was known for having a grasp of nutrition that was ahead of his time. At Jimmy Cook's Kiwi Kitchen, diners can enjoy a fine selection of fresh, simple dishes that are bursting with flavour. The Kitchen, which is open throughout the day, serves up a varied selection of Kiwi dishes. The la carte menu includes tender steaks and seafood, while the Great Kiwi Buffet offers a range of New Zealand and Asia Pacific dishes. Buffet dinner available Thursday to Sunday, and a la carte available Monday to Wednesday.
- Jimmy's Bar
- One of the best-loved haunts in the area is the Copthorne Hotel's Jimmy's Bar, primely situated between the reception and pool area. Sports matches are shown on the large screen TV, while light snacks and refreshing drinks are available throughout the day. Jimmy's bar is open from 5 p.m. every evening.
- 2:00 PM
- 10:00 AM
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Ratings and reviews for Copthorne Hotel Rotorua
- All travelers (1) 2 / 5
- Families (1) 2 / 5
- Hotel staff:
Would not recommend
Dated and tired
Walking through the door was like a stepping back in to the 80's. The mattress was shot, and my partner ended up sleeping on the floor, one bath towel for two people doesn't cut it, and I would not locate a public laundry next too rooms! I get it's a competitive market, but if you're not serious get out of the game. I wonder what international tourists think when they visit here.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff: