The hotel is quite nice, but much better suited for the European plan. If you are looking for an...
See full review
- sun addicted
- Jan 12, 2014
We really liked the Krystal
We really liked the Krystal mostly for it's location and service! We had met many families that had...
See full review
- Travis Anderson
- Mar 29, 2013
Beachfront resort with swim-up bar, beach activities and kids’ clubThe Krystal Ixtapa hotel features amenities ideal for families, couples' vacations and honeymooners. The all-inclusive plan includes meals, domestic and selected international drinks and entrance fees to Christine disco. Guest rooms feature cable TV and balconies with spectacular ocean views. The Krystal Ixtapa resort is situated between two championship golf courses and also features a freeform pool with swim-up bar and water slide -- the perfect spot to spend a lazy afternoon sipping a cocktail under the palapa.
- Air-conditioned fitness center
- All-night Christine disco
- Kids' club for ages five to 12
- Club rooms include daily continental breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres
RoomsBright orange and yellow colors evoke the surrounding tropics, while contemporary details such as dark woods lend a contemporary feel to rooms and suites at Krystal Ixtapa. Private balconies showcase the Pacific or Sierra Madre del Sur mountains.
Krystal Ixtapa room options range from comfortable deluxe rooms to the lavish presidential suite. The all-inclusive deluxe ocean view room includes buffet meals, as well as a three-course a la carte dinner at Bogart's restaurant, seafood specialties at Las Velas and room service. In-room amenities include marble floors, air conditioning, coffee makers and mini-bars.
FeaturesA water slide, waterfall and children's and toddlers' sections make the Krystal Ixtapa pool a good place for the whole family to spend a sunny afternoon. Golfers take advantage of preferred greens fees at the Marina Ixtapa Golf Club across the street. Or wander over to the Plaza las Fuentes for shopping and dining.
- Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport (10.8 mi/17.4 km)
- Mexican Federal Highway 200 (1.3 mi/2.1 km)
- Mexican Federal Highway 134 (4.4 mi/7.1 km)
- Zihuatanejo bus station (Central de Autobuses Estrella Blanca) (4.8 mi/7.8 km)
- Marina Ixtapa Golf Club (0.3 mi/0.5 km)
- Delfiniti Ixtapa dolphinarium (0.5 mi/0.8 km)
- Magic World water park (0.9 mi/1.4 km)
- Plaza las Fuentes (1 mi/1.6 km)
- Campo de Golf Ixtapa (1.6 mi/2.6 km)
- Isla Ixtapa (2.9 mi/4.6 km)
- La Costa Grande Archaeological Museum (4.2 mi/6.7 km)
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Meeting and event space available
Policies and feesNot included in all-inclusive plans: Lobster, shrimp and cuts of meat at restaurants; wine by the bottle; convenience-store snack foods and beverages; in-room mini-bar items; drinks at Christine disco; cover charges at Christine disco during open-bar special events; beauty services; ceramics painting; child care outside children's club hours; laundry and dry cleaning; telephone calls and faxes; Internet access; incidental purchases; outside tours; airport transfers; airport departure tax (approximately $20 USD per person -- amount subject to change).
This is not a comprehensive list of fees. Any amounts listed above may not include taxes and are subject to change.
- Area served
- Ixtapa, Guerrero
- Nearby airports
- Ixtapa Airport (ZIH) 9 Milles
- Area description
- Located right in the middle of Ixtapa Bay, in the resort's area, four miles from Zihuatanejo Down Town and 9 miles from the airport.
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Krystal Ixtapa also booked these hotels.
Krystal Ixtapa Rooms
- Krystal Club Ocean View
- Splendid rooms, casual decor and colorful bedspreads. King size or two double beds available, connecting rooms, mini bar, in room security box, cable TV with premium channels and on Command movies. Additional services: Private check in and check out continental breakfast, hors d'oeuvres and wine in the evenings at the club lounge. Access to the Gym. Wireless Internet.
- Deluxe Ocean View Room
- The room provides a furnished balcony with a spectacular panoramic view over the Pacific Ocean. These recently remodeled rooms are decorated with trendy style NH furniture, beds with spring-box mattresses, 27 inch television and a two-chair dining set. The barefoot-friendly guestrooms have marble floors, marble bathrooms with shower/tub combinations. Additional amenities include wireless internet free of charge, minibar, safety box, hairdryer, coffee & tea facilities, direct outside telephone line.
- All Inclusive Deluxe Ocean View
- Includes meals (including the famous Bogart's restaurant and seafood specialties at Las Velas restaurant), domestic and selected international drinks. Dine out program. No cover at Christine disco. All-Inclusive food and beverages: Buffet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners -Dinners at Aquamarina restaurant and/or La Velas restaurant -Three-course a la carte dinner at Bogart's restaurant (previous reservations at concierge desk. A la Carte menu for All Inclusive. Kids are allowed at 6pm seating time). House wine by the glass. -Snacks from noon to 5 pm -Domestic and selected international drinks, except at Christine and servibar. -Room service (limited snacks from 11 pm to 6 am). -Board games at the Sport bar. -Dine-around program. -Supervised outdoor activities for ages 4-12 from 10 AM to 5 PM (hours subject to change). -All tips and taxes included.
- Free parking
- Fitness Center
- Room service
- Business center
- Conference facilities
- Free parking
- Handicapped rooms/facilities
- Meeting Info
- The Hotel Krystal Ixtapa is the best option for holding congresses and conventions. It has 8 fully equipped meeting rooms and its swimming pool for the organization of events of up to 3,000 people. At the same time, it offers 3 restaurants, sport bar, lobby bar and the Beach Club.
- Fine food for fine people An ambience where that atmosphere of romance and adventure is recreated. It is the perfect place to give free rein to your own fantasy while enjoying the delights and specialties of the international exquisite cuisine. For regular guests to Ixtapa we do not have to explain anything about this famous and well known restaurant. Set in a decor of Casablanca in Moroccan style with live piano music every night, it will make you feel you are in a real movie. This air-conditioned fine dining restaurant offers an international changing menu and a wide variety of quality wines; it is also known for its table preparations. Reservations and dress code required. Some items with surcharge for all inclusive plans.
- Sport Bar
- Located in the heart of the hotel featuring big plasma television screens, pool table and various game tables: open from 6 pm to midnight.
- Room Service
- Available 24 hs.
- Cascada Snack Bar
- Casual, open-air restaurant/bar serving burgers, hot dogs, nachos, quesadillas, tacos. Open late morning to early evening. Food served daily in high seasons (late-December through Easter, mid-June through August) and weekends during low seasons.
- Las Velas
- Open-air, ocean-view restaurant with thatched roof. A la carte and/or buffet lunches. A la carte dinners featuring grilled foods.
- Breakfast and dinner are served in this lively open air restaurant with pool/ocean view. The breakfast buffet consists of a wide variety of international as well as typical Mexican dishes. At night an a la carte menu is served.
- Special Notice
- Christmas and New Years dinner are not included in the all-inclusive plan. There will be a surcharge of $75 for adults and $40 for children under 12 on December 24 and December 25, and a surcharge of $100 for adults and $60 for children under 12 on December 31. Guests can reserve a table at check-in and will receive a confirmation coupon.
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Guest Reviews (62)
Ratings and reviews for Krystal Ixtapa
- Room cleanliness:
- Hotel staff:
- Room comfort:
Would not recommend
Ixtapa for families
Krystal Resort Hotel is older and really geared for families - on an all inclusive package. The beach is very nice with pounding heavy surf that is definitely dangerous - it's not a swimming beach. The pool is totally laid out for fun but if it is extremely hot then so it the pool and that is not refreshing. The staff were always there to serve and there wasn't much they could do about weak and inconsistent internet access and the same for the elevators.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Room cleanliness:
- Hotel staff:
- Room comfort:
Dining tip: Short walk from hotel
Best restaurant bar none is Raffealo's just down the road fro Krystal. GREAT Italian food and perfect steak dinner.