Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spahttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Mexico/Cabo_San_Lucas/Playa_Grande_Resort_&_Grand_Spa.h122508/
Fabuloous for families
We had a wonderful time. We loved the location and the staff was lovely.
See full review
- Joan C.
- Jul 15, 2015
Awesome trip with my girlfriends
We stayed at the Playa Grande Resort& Grand Spa in January, 2015. We had a fantastic time. Very...
See full review
- Jun 3, 2015
DiningPlaya Grande Resort & Grand Spa covers global tastes at 11 restaurants and bars. Patrons might start at the breakfast buffet at patio-equipped Calima, then grab authentic Mexican fare and smooth tequilas at Hacienda El Coyote and finish with wood-fired pizza at Italian Restaurant Romeo Y Julieta. Ambiance plays a big part in dining and cocktail drinking here -- even from the lobby sports bar, where patrons watch UFC fights on Saturday nights.
RoomsTraditional decor -- heavy woods, gilded frames -- bring an old-world feel to the 260 rooms and suites at Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa. Landscape portraits, marble floors, archways and pillars further the drama. For groups, space is not an issue, thanks to multiple layouts that feature kitchens or kitchenettes with utensils included and separate living areas. Private, furnished balconies beckon with views of the sparkling Pacific.
- Private beachside resort a few steps from Land's End
- Kids eat and stay free with parents
- Kids club with supervised activities
- Full-service spa and fitness center
- Multiple restaurants and swim-up bar
- Los Cabos Corridor (0.4 mi/0.6 km)
- Iglesia de San Lucas (0.9 mi/1.5 km)
- El Arco de Cabo San Lucas (1.3 mi/2.1 km)
- La Candelaria (2.1 mi/3.3 km)
- San Jose del Cabo (18.2 mi/29.3 km)
- Meeting rooms
- Los Cabos International Airport (5.4 mi/8.7 km)
Guests might be in the heart of Cabo San Lucas, but at Thalassotherapy Spa, the inspiration comes from France. Using seaweed- and sea-water-based treatments developed by the French in the 19th century, the spa takes advantage of its unique position on the Sea of Cortez to pamper guests from head to toe. Perfecting the bliss are seaside cabanas where visitors can enjoy Repechage Hydra Refine Seaweed Facials and Stone Journey Therapeutic Massages.
For group time, visitors can swim in three pools (or wade up to the swim-up bar) or ask the hotel to arrange ATV tours, charter boats for sports fishing and many more excursions through Cabo. A kids club with supervised activities rewards parents with relaxation.
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa also booked these hotels.
Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa Rooms
- Luxury Suite
- Every Luxury Suite comes with a large bedroom with king bed, 2 full tiled baths, one of them with tub, queen-size sofa sleeper in living room, air conditioning, modern kitchen with all necessary utensils, coffee maker, satellite TV, telephone, safety deposit box and private balcony with striking views of Pacific Ocean.
- Deluxe Junior Suite
- Every Deluxe Junior Suites comes with a king bed, queen-size sofa sleeper, full tiled bath with tub, air conditioning, kitchenette with all necessary utensils, coffee maker, satellite TV, telephone, safety deposit box and private balcony with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean
- Free parking
- Fitness Center
- Room service
- Business center
- Conference facilities
- Free parking
- Accessible Rooms/Facilities
- Puerto San Lucas - A taste of Elegance
- Theres a delicious alternative in Cabo San Lucas. Puerto San Lucas is chic, attractive and modern with a flair for steaks, seafood and Mediterranean dishes. The ambiance is bistro-style, the service definitely European and the experience completely unforgettable. Leave the traditional and old fashioned behind. Put on your casual attire and come to Puerto San Lucas. Valet parking is available. Open Monday to Saturday from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Sunday from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Restaurant Romeo y Julieta - Offsite
- Italian Restaurant "where you can really enjoy the authentic Italian cuisine, with fresh pasta made at home and pizza made in our oven with real mesquite wood." A perennial favorite of locals and visitors, Romeo y Julieta offers fine Italian dining in an intimate setting. Located at the entrance of Pedregal, in the heart of Cabo San Lucas, across the street from the marina; for many frequent visitors a meal here is a much-anticipated part of every visit. Known for their pasta and handcrafted pizza Romeo y Julieta also offers a variety of meat and seafood dishes and luscious desserts. Reservations are almost certainly necessary Open daily from 4 p.m. until 12a.m., live music nightly. Full bar.
- Hacienda El Coyoto Restaurant & Tequila Bar - Offsite
- This Mexican Restaurant is defined by fresh ingredients, meticulously created dishes, homemade tortillas, tamales, mole and salsas, sublime marinades, fresh guacamole mashed tableside, exceptional flavors Breathe in the aromas of the finest Mexican cuisine imaginable and 200 smooth drinking tequilas. Open daily from 4:00 pm to 12:00 pm.
- El Tejaban Restaurant at Solmar Resort
- Offers breakfast, lunch and dinner all prepared with fresh market ingredients, with a combination of Mexican and American style cuisine. Open daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm
- El Trebol Restaurant at Solmar Resort
- With excellent friendly service you can dine and Watch Live Sport from Sky and Setanta in a Bar or Restaurant Environment. Open daily from 10:00 to 6:00 pm.
- The Brigantine Restaurant
- Pairing great moments in this ocean front Restaurant with well executed flavors. Try our traditional Breakfast Buffet & Mexican specialties: Steak and Lobster, Steak and Shrimps, and our famous Molcajete stuffed with lobster, fish filet, shrimps, avocado and melted cheese. Open from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Calima Restaurant
- Offers Lunch all prepared with fresh market ingredients, with a combination of Mexican and American style cuisine. Open daily from 12:00 to 10:00 pm.
- Sushi Bar
- Enjoy our Asian taste from 10:00 to 5:00 pm. 2 x 1 Tuesday and Thursday on spicy sushi rolls. Located at Playa Grande Resort by Calima Restaurant
- Lobby Sport Bar
- For wines, spirits and lighter fare come to our Sports bar and on Saturdays enjoy UFC and our Grilled Night. Open daily from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Happy Hour from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
- 4:00 PM
- 11:00 AM
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use.
Ratings and reviews for Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
- Hotel staff:
Beautiful place -- with some quirks
It's a beautiful resort, clean and well-maintained. The poolside wait-staff are very attentive, so drinks are plentiful (tho a bit expensive.) A new Activity Director blasted music through much of the day for aerobics and other events, which ruined the relaxing atmosphere. It's a short walk to the marina and town, which is good because restaurant options at the resort are a bit limited. Allow 45 minutes to check-out. And, avoid the time-share people and you'll enjoy your stay much more.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff:
Entertainment tip: Long walk from hotel
Try a sunset cruise: it's one of the best ways to see Cabo. And, try Salvatore's for exceptional Italian food!