Pangkor Laut Resorthttp://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Malaysia/Pangkor/Pangkor_Laut_Resort.h348811/
Pangkor Laut is a privately owned island located three miles off the West Coast of Malaysia along the Straits of Malacca. This piece of paradise has been 2 million years in the making, and here you will find one of the worlds premier resorts nestling in the shade of forest giants as old as the land. You will find no other resorts just secluded bays curled around pristine beaches, evening skies woven with colour, and a deep sense of serenity reserved exclusively for our guests. A combination of luxury, natural beauty and age-old wilderness woven together to produce an environment where peace and magically memorable moments are the currency.
Of the island's 300 acres, only a fraction has been developed to house the Resort and its eight Estates. Wooden buildings blend seamlessly into the forest as if nature had been the architect dictating how walls curve around foliage, and roofs open up to allow trees to continue on their journey to the sky. Nature is respected here, almost revered, and it rewards visitors in ways that simply need to be experienced.
Rates are NOT inclusive of speedboat transfers. Speedboat transfers has to be pre-booked and chargeable at RM 80 per person per way, RM 40 nett per child per way (Above 2 yrs old will be charge)
The speedboat transportation schedule is as follows:
From Marina Island to Pangkor Laut Resort: 1300, 1500, 1630, 2000
From Pangkor Laut Resort to Marina Island: 0845, 1200, 1300, 1700
If guests miss the last speedboat, a private boat needs to be chartered and costs MYR 500 nett (between 7 am - 9 pm) and MYR 700 (between 9 pm-7 am) per boat, per way. For self-driving guests, parking spaces are available and chargeable at RM14.40 per day at Marina Island Pangkor. More information can be viewed at http://pangkorlautresort.com/malaysia/sea.htm.
Contact details for the new Pangkor Laut Resort Office:Marina Island, Jalan Jeti Kompleks, KM1, Teluk Muruh, 32200 Lumut, Perak, Malaysia. Telephone : +60 5 683 5803. GPS : N 412'24, E 10036'7"
Pangkor Laut Resort Rooms
- Hill Villas
- Perched dramatically on the hillside amidst the rainforest, these villas have a magnificent view of the sea and the Resort's beautiful tropical gardens. Housed in double-storey units, the villas on the ground floor feature a huge bathtub in a private open courtyard while the bathrooms in the villas on the first floor open out to the rainforest. **Maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults and 1 child below 12 years. Children accompanying adults will be on existing bedding. Breakfast for children will be on additional charge.
- Garden Villas
- Set amidst the lush tropical gardens of the Resort, these are housed in double-storey units. The villas on the ground floor have a huge bathtub in a private courtyard while the bathrooms in the villas on the first floor open out to a view of the surrounding rainforest. Those travelling with children may opt for the Family Plan Villas - two ground floor villas adjoined from the inside, allowing for convenient access to each villa. **Maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults and 1 child below 12 years. Children accompanying adults will be on existing bedding. Breakfast for children will be on additional charge.
- Sea Villas
- Standing elegantly on stilts over the sea and linked by wooden walkways, these villas are the signature feature of the island. Each private villa is airy and spacious, has a large balcony with deck chairs and a bathroom with an oversized tub that opens onto the sea. **Notes: Due to security concerns, no infant or child is allowed.
- Spa Villas
- Spa Villas are private bungalows on stilts over the sea offering direct access to the Spa Village. Similar to the Sea Villas, each unit features an oversized bath with ceiling mounted shower, large balcony for private sun bathing and a stunning view of the Pangkor Straits. **Notes: Due to security concerns, no infant or child is allowed.
- Beach Villas
- Featuring a private balcony with deck chairs, a large bathroom with a separate shower and a huge bathtub in a private outdoor courtyard, these villas have a breathtaking view of the sea. While providing a stunning scene, the seabed has a natural rocky formation and guests are advised to swim at Emerald Bay. **Maximum occupancy per room is 2 adults and 1 child below 12 years. Children accompanying adults will be on existing bedding. Breakfast for children will be on additional charge.
- Airport shuttle
- Outdoor pool
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- No smoking rooms/facilities
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness center or spa
- Game room
- Room service
- Laundry service
- Childcare Service
- In-Room Safe
- Tour desk
- Conference facilities
- Doctor on call
- Gift shop
- Currency exchange
- Airport shuttle
- Area served
- Those traveling to and from Singapore also have the option of flying into Ipoh Airport or Skypark Subang Terminal (formerly known as Terminal 3 Subang) via Firefly and continue the journey by land towards Pangkor Laut.
- Nearby airports
- Malaysia Airlines operates international flights from major destinations around the world to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Sepang. From Kuala Lumpur, you may continue your journey by land or by air towards Pangkor Laut.
- Area description
- Pangkor Laut Resort is located on the privately owned island of Pangkor Laut 1.6 km off the West Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is a truly tropical isle with rocky outcrops and white sandy beaches fringed by a beautiful rain forest which thrives in the tropical climate. **Relocation of Lumut Jetty to Marina Island Jetty** Kindly be informed effective 11 Dec 2011 Pangkor Laut Resort office in Lumut will be allocated to Marina Island. Please also be informed, the journey to Pangkor Laut Resort from Marina Island will take approximately 15 minutes. Guests who check in 11 Dec onwards will have their pre-arrival at Marina Island.
- Fisherman's Cove
- Situated in Spa Village, Fisherman's Cove offers a truly unique symphony of Western Grill, Chinese signature dishes, fresh seafood and Italian cuisine. The dynamic open show-kitchen, stunning sea view and state-of-the-art design invite all guests to journey into the exciting world of Asian fusion cuisine. Please note that a dress code is observed at this establishment and guests are advised to avoid wearing shorts, singlets, sandals and flip flops while dining at Fisherman's Cove. Dinner jackets and ties are however not required.
- Uncle Lim's Kitchen
- This interestingly designed restaurant is built atop a rocky outcrop overlooking the sea. Named after the chef who has been with the Resort since its inception, Uncle Lim's specialises in Nyonya and Hockchew Chinese-style home cooking. All dishes are inspired by the unique products available locally, and made to each guest's individual tastes and requirements. A unique experience for those who enjoy the exotic flavours of the East.
- Royal Bay Beach Club
- Royal Bay Beach Club, overlooking the infinity pool serves a selection of Asian and Western favourites for lunch. In the evening, the restaurant transforms into a chic chill-out lounge serving cocktails and other beverages.
- Chapman's Bar
- This bar is named after a famous British Colonel who sought refuge at Emerald Bay before his dramatic escape by submarine in 1945. Chapman's Bar sits on Emerald Bay, and serves excellent light lunches daily, including sandwiches, traditional satay, salads and tasty seafood dishes. A variety of beverages are served throughout the day, a short walk from your beach chair.
- Jamu Bar
- The Jamu Bar, located in an enclave of Spa Village overlooking the lapping Straits of Malacca, serves Japanese and healthy cuisine for lunch and also does intimate private dinners.
- Sunset Cocktails At Sea
- Enjoy a romantic cruise around the Island aboard the Resort's teakwood oriental junk. While at sea, the boat will anchor at Emerald Bay for you to enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets in the world.
- Feast Village
- Savour a vibrant, interactive dining experience with diverse culinary offerings from the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. The Feast Village also features a patisserie, cafe, Chef's table and wine cellar where guests can purchase wines of their choice and is open for breakfast and dinner.
- The Straits
- Serving some of the finest cuisine drawn from South East Asian influences, The Straits is set against the rocks, by the beach, providing exotic dining in an elegant and beautiful environment, with sumptuous silks juxtaposing natural timber and granite. Private dining booths line both sides of the restaurant with one side offering exclusive views of the sea.
- 3:00 AM
- 11:00 AM
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
Guest Reviews (1)
Ratings and reviews for Pangkor Laut Resort
- All travelers (1) 4 / 5
- Couples (1) 4 / 5
- Hotel staff:
Beautiful romantic get away
We had a great time at this hotel! It was peaceful and relaxing at that same time! Can't wait to go back!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
- Hotel staff: