This is definitely the best hotel in Varanasi. The security guards greeted us with caramel candies... See full review
Aug 6, 2012
1) The Gateway Hotel, Ganges is set amidst 40 acres of lush green gardens offering an absolute haven of peace and tranquility in this Temple City. The hotel has been constructed in the shape of a holy Swastik, re-presenting good fortune and blessings as per Hindu mythology.
2) It is 21 KMS OR 30 MINS drive from the airport and 01 KMS or 07 MINS from the railway station.
3) The rooms and suites at the hotel have been recently renovated and refurbished offering a choice of views ranging from the lush green gardens or the swimming pool.
4) Guests can enjoy Indian and International cuisines at the hotels restaurants.
5) SHOPPING: Varanasi is well known for: Benarasi Silk Sarees (Chowk Area 06 KMS OR 15 MINS), Hand woven Carpets (Bhadohi District 60 KMS OR 1.5 HRS) and Wooden Beads Jewelry and Toys (River Front 06 KMS OR 15 MINS).
6) THINGS TO DO: The river front (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Viswanath Temple (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Bharat Mata Temple (03 KMS OR 15 MINS), Beneras Hindu University (10 KMS OR 40 MINS), Sarnath (10 KMS OR 30 MINS), Evening Ganga Aarti (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Ramnagar Fort and Museum (16 KMS OR 1 HR).
Lal Bahadur Shastri Babatpu, (VNS), 21.00, KM, E;
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed The Gateway Hotel Ganges also booked these hotels.
Type: Full Service restaurant
This Indian specialty restaurant serves authentic Indian and special Satvik food (opted by those on a spiritual journey).
Cuisine: Light Cocktail Snacks
Colonial-style sit down bar serving drinks and light snacks.
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
This is definitely the best hotel in Varanasi. The security guards greeted us with caramel candies before we passed through the gates to the hotel. A very nice and delicious treat. The rooms are average quality - pretty bare bones. I wish they
offered more bathroom toiletries. Our room only had one small bar of soap, a small bottle of body lotion and a combined shampoo and conditioner but the shower was large and we had plenty of hot water. The room includes a yoga mat and three different yoga videos 24/7 which is a nice extra, although, we didn't have time to take advantage of it.
The two different restaurants in the hotel were delicious. We especially enjoyed eating lunch at Varuna, the Indian restaurant, which served a delicious and healthy thali.
The hotel's cars and drivers are also wonderful. We used a hotel car/driver to go to the Ganges river front for a walking tour and to watch the nightly Aarti (a must see for any first visit to Varanasi) and also to go to the airport. The cars are spacious, clean and very comfortable, although, they're a bit expensive due to the long driving distances between locations in Varanasi thanks to the constant traffic.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
Ask a driver to take you the Moughal part of town in Varanasi to buy high quality, hand-loomed silk at wholesaler prices. We bought a gorgeous silk sari and bed comforter with matching pillows and while they were still pricey, we definitely got a much better deal than we would have gotten anywhere else in town and the best part was getting to tour their factory just below the show room where men stamped out silk pattern cards and wove the fabric right in front of us. Priceless.