Old hotel. Nice big property. Rooms are smelly. Hot water is only warm. See full review
travel like a girl
Dec 26, 2010
Taj Ganges AKA Gateway
The hotel is indeed an oasis in the midst of a bustling, congested, somewhat polluted city. See full review
Apr 22, 2009
1) Nadesar Palace Varanasi is located in one of the oldest living cities of the world on the banks of the Ganges. The Palace is a haven of peace and tranquility set amidst verdant gardens, mango orchards, marigold and jasmine fields. Works of art from the Maharajas collection still adorn the walls of the Palace with original pieces of furniture refurbished to recreate an atmosphere of a bygone era.
2) The Palace is 21 KMS OR 30 MINS drive from the airport and 01 KMS or 05 MINS drive from the railway station. The hotel is only 06 KMS or 15 MINS from the commercial hub of Varanasi commonly known as the Chowk.
3) The Palace offers a choice of Palace Rooms, Historical Suites or Royal Suites, each of which enjoy a breathtaking view of the beautifully landscaped garden, swimming pool or the golf course.
4) Guests can choose between deliciously spiced local cuisine or a delicately balanced Satvik menu (opted by those on a spiritual journey) at the Palaces Indian restaurant.
5) The JIVA Spa at Nadesar Palace offers luxurious Indian wellness treatments in a colonial and rich setting.
6) FACILITIES: Swimming pool, JIVA Spa, guided tours and sightseeing and astrologer (prior appointment needed)
7) SHOPPING: Varanasi is well known for, Benarasi Silk Sarees (Chowk Area 06 KMS OR 15 MINS), Hand woven Carpets (Bhadohi District 60 KMS OR 1.5 HRS) and Wooden Beads Jewelry and Toys (River Front 06 KMS OR 15 MINS)
8) THINGS TO DO: The river front (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Viswanath Temple (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Bharat Mata Temple (03 KMS OR 15 MINS), Beneras Hindu University (10 KMS OR 40 MINS), Sarnath (10 MS OR 30 MINS), Evening Ganga Aarti (06 KMS OR 40 MINS), Ramnagar Fort and Museum (16 KMS OR 1 HR)
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Nadesar Palace also booked these hotels.
Royal Suite/ Palace Gardens View/ King Bed/ Complimentary Basic Wifi Upto 2 Devices.
Historical Suite/ King Bed/
Historical Suite/ King Bed/ Living Room/ Complimentary Basic Wifi Upto 2 Devices.
Fitness center or spa
Coffee maker in room
24 hour room service
24 hour front desk
Car rental desk
Doctor on call
Cellular telephone rental
Television with cable
Phone with speaker
AM/FM alarm clock
Fire alarm with light
Sprinklers in rooms
Cuisine: Light Cocktail Snacks
Colonial-style sit down bar serving drinks and light snacks.
Type: Coffee Shop
Cuisine: Multi Cuisine
Multi-cuisine coffee shop which is open for buffet breakfast, light snacks, lunch and dinner.
Type: Full Service restaurant
This Indian specialty restaurant serves authentic Indian and special Satvik food (opted by those on a spiritual journey).
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
The Gateway Hotel was clean and comfortable, but what makes it especially good is the level of service and general friendliness of the staff. From the concierge, who found me a great guide, to the waiter at the breakfast table, everyone made me
feel welcome. This is especially reassuring when travelling on your own!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
Not sure I'd call this recreation, but you absolutely should not miss a sunrise boat trip down the Ganges. Yes, it's early, but viewing the devotion and way of life in the holy city at this time is spectacular.