An excellent hotel. Room was cool in August and comfortable. Carpet was mildly discolored, but no... See full review
Nina in New York City
Sep 2, 2013
Fine but not a destination
- desk staff was very nice and helpful
- of the many Dubrovnik hotels located on Lapad... See full review
30ish married couple
Sep 3, 2013
Hotel Uvala is a unique work designed by Dinko Kovacic, an architect from Split and is a mixture of modern, simple design and traditional temperamental Mediterranean surroundings. The culture and spirit of wellness and healthy living are omnipresent in the hotel, from exotic scents of the interior to macrobiotic restaurant menus.The hotel also provide free breakfast to its guests.
Dubrovnik Airport far 17 km .
The memory of the holiday that you take home with you will be a collage of experiences from the hotel and outside it. The hotel Reception staff will help you choose activities you shouldn't miss on a visit to Dubrovnik. If you would like to look around the city and surroundings on your own the hotel staff will rent a car or bicycle for you. If you enjoy more daring adventures, the hotel recommend its panoramic flight of the city. To guests with athletic disposition the hotel recommend its scuba diving course, sea-kayaking, safari or guided tour of the city.
Recommendations for you
Customers who viewed Maestral Uvala Hotel also booked these hotels.
Standard Double room offers 1 double or 2 twin beds with all the basic amenities. Simplicity of lines, warmth of colors and select details of rooms create a relaxed, pleasant atmosphere, getting your body and spirit ready for a profound experience of wellness. - Air conditioning - SAT TV - Telephone - Internet connection (service is charged) - Mini bar - Safe - Hair dryer - Shower/bathtub - Robe and slippers - Bathroom accessories.
Nearby points of interest
Dubrovnik Synagogue: 1.1 mi
University of Dubrovnik: 1.8 mi
Franciscan Monastery: 2.1 mi
Dubrovnik Old Port: 2.3 mi
Mount Srđ: 2.6 mi
Dubrovnik Cable Car: 2.7 mi
In the interplay of light and colors of Mantala restaurant its professional staff will always welcome you with a smile. On gentle summer evenings on the terrace with a view of Lapad bay you can enjoy the diverse offer of meat, fish and ever more popular macrobiotic dishes and explore the tempting selection of the superior domestic wines.
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
- desk staff was very nice and helpful
- of the many Dubrovnik hotels located on Lapad Peninsula, this one (along with related Maestral properties Vis, Adriatic, etc.) is very convenient to old city because #4 bus passes right in front every
- beach three minute walk away (through Hotel Vis) is mellow pebbly spot, fine for kids or adults
- outdoor pool looked lovely
- room felt cheaply put together and in need of an update (lock was sticky, carpet stained, AC kept cycling constantly, slightly dank smell), but at least bathroom felt nice and clean
- no wireless Internet in the rooms
- didn't see the spa, but the gym was pretty meager, so don't be swayed by any claims of spa resort vacation
- given how expensive Dubrovnik is, this is a reasonable no-fuss option as a place to rest your head, but not a destination resort hotel
An excellent hotel. Room was cool in August and comfortable. Carpet was mildly discolored, but no other complaints. The breakfast buffet was outstanding -- included just about anything and everything you could wish for. A local bus stops right
outside the hotel and transports you very efficiently to the old city. Dubrovnik is a jewel!
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Short drive from hotel
The brief bus ride to the old town yields spectacular fruits. Dubrovnik is just beautiful. The churches, streets, and buildings are gorgeous. The food has a strong Italian flavor and is excellent. The only downside to Dubrovnik: shopping consists mainly of t-shirts and lavender sachets.