Stayed here a total of six nights. I did have a problem checking in over payment between Website... See full review
Dec 23, 2011
Western name, borderline service
Overall, this is a very clean, safe, and modern hotel and I would stay here again due to a... See full review
Apr 17, 2012
Ramada Plaza Shenzhen North is a five-star international synthesis brand hotel in Longhua, Shenzhen. Hotel is ideally neighboured to the largest Asia Passenger Transport Station, situated at Meilong Road and Minwang Road Cross and is just 15 minutes driving away from Futian CBD, and only 30 minutes to Shenzhen Airport. Hotel offers 254 exceptionally spacious and luxurious guestrooms and suites. All rooms provide complimentary wired or wireless broadband Internet access, flat screen televisions and panoramic windows. Ramada cafe is located on the 11th floor with elegant design and decoration.The international dining restaurant with a smart and elegant twist offers a show kitchen, serving daily rich selection at breakfast, lunch, a la carte and diner buffets with a full range of Italian, Continental and Japanese delicacies. Chinese Restaurant - outsourced project - is located on the 5th floor, with a dining capacity of 200 people, there are 9 deluxe VIP rooms. Other entertainment and catering facilities - outsourced project - like cinema, KTV, massage and sauna leisure club and Japanese and Korean Restaurant. The Gym, located on the 6th floor, offers state-of-the-art exercise equipment including free weights, Stair Masters, Lifecycles, elliptical cross-trainers, spinning bicycles, treadmills and boating, which is the best place for you to relax your mind and relieve stress. There is one grand ball room and 4 function rooms with diversified capacities on the 6th floor, a good choice for different requirements. The Grand Ballroom is equipped with top class meeting facilities and a complete array of audio-visual equipment. Our conference rooms are an ideal choice for various social and business activities or events. Laundry at property, Concerge and parking available.
No smoking rooms/facilities
No smoking rooms/facilities
Free local telephone calls
Coffee maker in room
Audio visual equipment
Desk with lamp
TV remote control
Terms and conditions
Rates quoted in currencies other than the hotel's base currency are subject to the rate of the international exchange. Rate may change throughout stay. Rate may reflect average nightly rate. Extra charges may apply. Incidental charges, such as room service, are not included in the rate.
The amenities and/or facilities may not be located at the hotel, but within a reasonable distance, and additional charges may apply for use. All information has been provided by this hotel and not by Orbitz
Overall, this is a very clean, safe, and modern hotel and I would stay here again due to a combination of the value and location (near to several of my manufacturers in the area).Pros:
* Very good value - space, bathroom, desk
* Breakfast as
well as free minibar were included - a very nice touch
*Easy to find - on two major roads - taxi is 50RMB from either border crossing
* Air Conditioning seems to be marginal - I'm here in April and was hot almost all the time. I had to ask each day for them to turn on the cooler so the dials in my room worked. Even common areas are right on the fringe of comfortable
* TV - 30+ channels but only 3 English and for some reason all of those come in poorly
* Service - definitely sub-par...
* No method of getting a taxi to the door - you have to walk a couple of blocks and get your own
* Also on rainy days they have a VERY limited supply of loaner umbrellas
* Money exchange - very strange - handing over a US $100 bill they argued for 20 minutes because of a pencil mark on it claiming their bank is very picky
* Buffet breakfast / dinner - Again this hotel clearly services primarily local customers - the food was good but nothing even resembling a Western dish. Cold drinks non-existant, even some of the very nice meats that they cook for you custom on a teppenyaki grill turned out to be strange inedible
* Local area - unlike most of the rest of Shenzhen, there is really nothing else here - no 7/11 or other convenience store close - there is a very nice coffee shop on the corner but everything else takes a taxi ride.
So - summary - I would stay again (one more chance) but if available and price competitive, would normally choose to stay in central Futian even in a smaller room.
Stayed here a total of six nights. I did have a problem checking in over payment between Website and the Hotel. After that we settled and I meet the front desk manager, I didn't have any more problems. I would definitely stay here again and may do
so next weekend on my way back home.
Hotel features (5 = best, 1 = worst):
Very nice upscale Chinese restaurant on the 5th floor that is not associated with the Hotel. Very good.