Hotel Indigo New York City - Chelsea
By Joe Brancatelli
HOTEL HOT SHEET
More Hotels? Of Course. You Know the Story: Look, you know the story: Hotels are planned a couple of years before they actually open, so all the new properties started during the boom times are coming on-line now, in the midst of one of the worst travel slumps in modern history. So let’s just get through these new openings without any further chatter.
- In New York, a 122-room Hotel Indigo in the Chelsea neighborhood
- In Hamburg, Germany, a 179-room Holiday Inn Express located in the city’s former tax office
- In Bogota, Colombia, a 239-room Marriott
- In Bangalore, India, a 292-room Starwood Luxury Collection property called the ITC Royal Gardenia
- Hilton HHonors members take note: Your chance for a free room in Orlando has gotten substantially better. Hilton has opened three new hotels in the area: a pair of 1,000-room Hiltons and a 497-room Waldorf Astoria.
- Peninsula Hotels returns to Shanghai after a 60-year absence with the opening of a newly built, 235-room property in the city’s Bund district. Peninsula’s parent company, Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, operated four of Shanghai’s best-known properties before the communist takeover of China.
Related Orbitz resources:
Joe Brancatelli is editor and publisher of JoeSentMe.com, a non-commercial Web site for business travelers. Copyright 2009 by Joe Brancatelli. Licensed by contract for Orbitz use.